• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 365 - Bazaar of the Bizarre: The Treasure of Ashardalon

Rechan

Adventurer
I guess they needed to give us more magical items, but I do wish there was some sort of theme beyond 'hay here's a bunch of magical properties'.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I think that the Ring of the Ghost Knight is one of the more mechanically interesting items, since its one of the few examples that actually creates a "creature" that can move and attack at your command, at the price of a minor action. Perhaps a preview of "pet" classes?

The orb of temporal dissonance is my favorite item overall.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Drat, looks like the "&authenticate=true" trick no longer works!

Can someone please point me to the account migration tool they had for folks whose usernames didn't correctly transfer to Gleemax? I'm one of those people.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
My minotaur fighter wants the flask of the dragon's breath! Unfortunately, it needs some clarification: what action is it to use the breath (I'd guess minor), and what defense does it attack (I'd guess Reflex).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
No new robes, and druids can use staves apparently.

Stuff that looks nice: The Neitherdark Shield, the Belt of Mountain Endurance, and the Staff of Expansion.

Although I wonder why the Staff of Expansion only gets a d4 instead of a d6 on a critical hit.

Boarstorm

First Post
Interesting stuff.

I, too, am sad about the authentication system update. It means I have to go to all the trouble of actually logging in.

/sadpanda

Oh, and regarding migration? Didn't work for me. I had to create a new account. My glorious 8 year old account got nixed.

But 'lo! Do not pity me, for I shall soldier on.

Shroomy

Adventurer
My minotaur fighter wants the flask of the dragon's breath! Unfortunately, it needs some clarification: what action is it to use the breath (I'd guess minor), and what defense does it attack (I'd guess Reflex).

You're probably right, hopefully, WoTC will update the item description when they release the compiled pdf.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads