• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 379: Assassin Heroic Tier

Shroomy

Adventurer
Shadow powers are called "hexes." Interesting...so does this confirm an upcoming hexblade task? I'd say the chances are good.

It has Wizard HP. One build is Dex/Con and generates temporary HP and is controllery, the other is Dex/Cha with two extra Striker damage features(that stack) and is very fragile.

Sustainable invisibility(in dim light) at level 2.

Vael

Legend
First impressions: Me likey. I like the flavour, and some of the powers are pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing some actual Ki Focuses.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Yeah, there's a lot of invisibility and teleportation, as well as ways to boost or augment a Stealth check. Damage keywords seem to focus on Poison, Cold, Force, and Psychic, and there are a lot of Fear, Conjuration and Illusion effects (a striker with a wall power!). A mix of implement and weapon powers (and its nice that you use your ki focus or magic weapon as an implement, even if the article doesn't describe magical ki foci).

Shroomy

Adventurer
It has Wizard HP. One build is Dex/Con and generates temporary HP and is controllery, the other is Dex/Cha with two extra Striker damage features(that stack) and is very fragile.

Sustainable invisibility(in dim light) at level 2.

Did you notice that all of its blast and wall powers target "creatures." Don't let your allies get too close!

The one disappointment for me is the lack of racial feats for drow and changelings. They did add two paragon feats, so maybe they got ommitted by accident. Also, loving the venom feats.

You can also use your Ki Focus for weapon attacks, using its properties and enhancement bonus with any random weapon you pick up, or even improvised weapons like fireplace pokers and broken bottles and such.

I am underwhelmed...

I was hopeing (based on trevor saying that there was more then just powers) that we would have every thing for including this class in a heroic teir game...but we don't

without ki focus items it is not fully usable, and I really wanted at least the multi class feat, but really the hybrid too...

Cadfan

First Post
I really like the tactical aspect. Sure, its hit points are low, but you really shouldn't be adjacent to an enemy for more than an instant. Shadow Step lets you jump into an ally's shadow, and half your attacks are ranged, so feel free to hit and run.

Captured Shadow wins the cool award so far.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads