Dragon 397 - Table of Contents

Also, a new Unearthed Arcana, Henchmen! Sounds like it will be a good month (has my birthday come early?), but the number of articles seems reduced. Perhaps this is a return to longer articles, like we'll be getting with the Warlord update?

MrMyth

First Post
Also, a new Unearthed Arcana, Henchmen! Sounds like it will be a good month (has my birthday come early?), but the number of articles seems reduced. Perhaps this is a return to longer articles, like we'll be getting with the Warlord update?

They recently have reduced the amount of content in Dungeon and Dragon. These days they are aiming for a word count of 50,000 - 60,000 words, compared to previously having 80,000 - 100,000 or more. (And in February, with the missing articles, they only ended up with 35,000 - 40,000 words).

That said, I continue to like the articles they are producing. And they do seem to have boosted the size a bit - articles have been 6-8 pages, instead of 3-4 pages. But I do really wish we had more than 4-5 feature articles in a month.

I do continue to really like to see them expanding the options in the game via Unearthed Arcana. Those are consistently the articles I most anticipate each month.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I'm cautiously optimistic that this heralds the return of consistently good magazine content.

Nice to see they put their money where their mouth was, so to speak, and are releasing some of the cancelled content through DDI. I hoped that we would see it thus, but did not actually expect it.

Ok, there we got it. Investing in D&D insider and essentials starts paying off... but i really don´t see why it is a thin month again... 8 articles. Which is exactly the number we were used to when dragon content was added on monday and friday and now i see what you all mean... those articles were longer those days... but this reversed trend started with thos big adventures before christmas and the complete assassin article...

All I know is that it is a more interesting issue than the last couple were. That's enough for me. Last month wasn't bad though, things are trending towards better stuff for sure. Personally I'd rather see the slightly smaller number of articles that are all really interesting vs some of the older issues that had tons of stuff but 3/4 of it was blah.

samursus

Explorer
Wow... most of these articles are of much interest to me. Usually, at the most, its 1 or 2 and frequently none of them interest me. The quality is definitely getting better.

Remove ads