Dragon 397 - Table of Contents

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Yes, what more wonderful class options will be good for Genasi now. ;) Int/Con combo maybe?
I'd like to see them get Cha, so they would make excellent Sorcerers (fits thematically), Cha/Str, I guess, so they would make decent Dragon or Cosmic sorcs. I think Storm or Chaos would be a better fit.

Mummolus

First Post
Genasi I could honestly see getting to choose from any stat, a bit like humans, to reflect the variety of their elemental manifestations.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Genasi I could honestly see getting to choose from any stat, a bit like humans, to reflect the variety of their elemental manifestations.

That would also be a neat trick for revenants; they could choose one ability score for which their original race gets a bonus and get that bonus. They'd then be +2 Con, +2X.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
That would also be a neat trick for revenants; they could choose one ability score for which their original race gets a bonus and get that bonus. They'd then be +2 Con, +2X.
I mentioned this before and suggested Con as well as the "fixed" stat but it was pointed out by others that since Revenants were designed with the Assassin in mind, they were likely to get Dex as their fixed stat.

I still think it should be Con, myself. The fact that they're supposed to be supernaturally tough undead should take precedence over a class that people think they should be good at.

They could still make good assassins, so long as they pick a +Dex race as their past life. It shouldn't be hard - there are lots of them.

My two coppers anyway.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I like the fact that the Ability Score Bonuses article is going to be a free article. I hope it will be more than just a chart of updated ability scores. I hope there will be "meat" to it.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I like the fact that the Ability Score Bonuses article is going to be a free article. I hope it will be more than just a chart of updated ability scores. I hope there will be "meat" to it.
To me, a chart would be the "meat."

Sounds like you want dessert! ;)

Also, I hope that some of them might get alternate racial encounter powers, but I'm not counting on that; I know Humans and Half-elves only got them because of the changes to class structure in Essentials.

Remove ads