Dragon 397 - Table of Contents

JoeGKushner

First Post
Articles last year however were not controlled enough. There are things that were outright bad. Better no contend than bad contend... the new columns are cool, but as was already said: no contend for a paying customer is not that great to say the least...

How exactly would that work for the print magazines? Some months, half or a third the content with the same cover price? The next month with double or tripple the content to make up for it?

The only reason WoTC can do these things is because Dragon and Dungeon, as magazines, are dead and the actual published content is in no way backed by a guarantee to match the advertised content.

Or at least, that's truth if they don't refund moneies when they fail to live up to their ads.

I might disagree there. I saw complaints about articles last year, but honestly didn't feel there was a ton of truth to them - the content had diminished a bit from the first two years of the online magazine, and they didn't have as many truly amazing articles, but there was plenty of articles of decent quality over the course of the year.

And the handful of problems that cropped up tended to get fixed in errata. Which remains the case - even with the new design process, we've had errata and fixes to mistakes that still show up.

I don't think the new design process is causing the delay. I think it is clear the magazines are currently way understaffed. I don't know where other resources have been diverted to, but it seems likely that is what has happened.
let me explain:

There were many great articles, but there were some articles that were outright bad. And I mean bad from a power creepy point of view. (At least in my opinion). And others that just filled the CB with rubble.

I don´t want rubble in my CB, neither do I want powers or feats that I have to say no to. There was enough of it in 3rd edition. (Which was a shame, as I really used to like 3rd edition before that).

So before I have a funktion that allows me to easily filter out that rubble and those things that I don´t want in the CB, i rather have articles delayed.

And I still believe they are in their ANOUNCED "expect it to get worse, before it gets better" phase.

Meanwhile there are new columns that don´t make our subscription more valuable, but could as well have been behind the paywall and could have made our subscription more valuable. Those articles were perceived as quite good.

After requesting that such articles belong in the free part of their website and now getting those informative and useful articles as free contend, we should maybe consider this month not totally lost.

Especially considering, that march is not over yet and we could easily get some good contend next week.

Oh, and when you say: but feburary adventures were too late... Their adventure design guidelines also changed, as there was a lot of whing about bad dungeon crawls...

If you just subscribed for one month, you also don´t have to complain: ok, no adventures for this february, but you are more than compensated by 50? adventures, all readily accessible for 7$?

webrunner

First Post
This week's Magazine Content list is available:

Via WOTC_Bart

Devil’s Due adventure
Confession of a Full-time Wizard
Faith and Heresy
Athasian Familiars
Eye on Dark Sun

We've got Devil's Due already. Was hoping for the Warlord article this week, but I guess not :/

the-golem

Explorer
I've been waiting for that damned Warlord article all friggin month. Dragon hasn't had anything done to it since pretty much the first week of March. 2 articles a week would have met their schedule...

So sad.

AntlerDruid

Explorer
I've been waiting for that damned Warlord article all friggin month. Dragon hasn't had anything done to it since pretty much the first week of March. 2 articles a week would have met their schedule...

So sad.

Yep I wouldn't bet on it coming out this month. I don't even know why they bother telling us what is "supposed" to come out each week when they have failed EVERY week to release that material.

Remove ads