Dragon 401 & Dungeon 192 ToC Are Up

Mummolus

First Post
A character theme that uses Fortune Cards seems questionable, but the Class Acts: Assassin is very promising. Wonder if it will provide options for both the Executioner and Oassassin?

New Daelkyr in Dungeon is very exciting! I love Far Realm horrors.

Neverfate

First Post
I didn't think it'd be on there, but I wonder if we'll see the June errata document soon.

Also, hurray for assassin/executioner options. Maybe THESE will do damage. Keep at it WotC.

A theme. . . that uses Fortune Cards. This feels so obligatory and forced. I have nothing against either game element, just so much more we can do as we're just scratching the surface. Oh well, that's business.

If the adventures are decent and use the new layout (or elements of) it will explain/justify 2 at the exact same level band.

jeffh

Adventurer
No new Bestiary article :-(. I can think of several entries in MM1 and 2 that could use updates in this style, from Orcus on down. (Though they already hit the single entry I personally most would have wanted them to (Wight).)

Dannager

First Post
They've stated a couple times that more Monster Manual update articles are on their way. I'm sure we'll see them eventually.

DNH

First Post
An article on jousting? Really? Now? When the lance as an item/weapon has been missing from 4e these past three years?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
An article on jousting? Really? Now? When the lance as an item/weapon has been missing from 4e these past three years?
But surely that's a good reason to publish an article on jousting that (perhaps) reintroduces the missing weapon?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
While it's good to see three adventures in Dungeon, it sure is a shame that they're all for the exact same range of levels.

Its really just 2 (the other is a chaos scar bit), and one is 3-5 and the other is 5-7.

In any case, its all sweet spot. :p

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
From the "Better Late Than Never" department, I'm interested to see how they handle the lance in the jousting article. I just hope that using one doesn't end up costing a pile of feats, since that is already far too precious a resource these days.

I can see them doing it that way though; 1 for proficiency, 1 to make it not suck, 1 more to make it a decent option, or to get a neat lance trick, another 3 or 4 to swap in powers to use with it. Ugh. Please let it be better thought out than that.

I'm also a little leery about the wrestling article (bad flashbacks to 3.x grappling rules), but am hopeful that it will be interesting.

Remove ads