• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon and Dungeon Magazines - Do You Miss Them?

Ahnehnois

First Post
I used to read Dragon at the library sometimes. There was some interesting stuff and I enjoyed it, but I don't really miss it. I wouldn't put down money for a print magazine, regardless of the topic, and I don't really need a regular source of rules content for my irregular D&D games.

I never read Dungeon, but given my general opinion of published adventures, I don't lament its passing.

What I do miss are the article series from the website that were free before the D&D Insider days. They're actually still up in archive form; no new content though obviously. Far Corners of the World, the Mind's Eye, Epic Insights; a great venue for small-niche content that might not make it into a book (or that might later be republished in a book). Free online, available when you need it. That was supplemental game content for the 21st century.

ggroy

First Post
Dungeon: yes.

Dragon: no.

Even today, I still have a weakness for Dungeon Magazine.

Since the late 1980's, I had very little to no interest in Dragon Magazine.

Remove ads