D&D General Dragon+ Content Going Away -- Whoops, It's Gone!

WotC's online ezine, Dragon+, ended a few months ago. Until now the existing issues were still accessible, but as of today, November 15th, WotC announced that "Dragon+ will be removed from app stores on or around November 15th, and dragonmag.com will be redirected and its content will no longer be available". If you wanted to save any of the content, do it quick, because it goes away today...

WotC's online ezine, Dragon+, ended a few months ago. Until now the existing issues were still accessible, but as of today, November 15th, WotC announced that "Dragon+ will be removed from app stores on or around November 15th, and dragonmag.com will be redirected and its content will no longer be available".

If you wanted to save any of the content, do it quick, because it goes away today!

[Edit -- and the content is now gone].

th-1815004287.jpg

Earlier this year we announced that the current issue of Dragon+ will be its last. Dragon+ will be removed from app stores on or around November 15th, and dragonmag.com will be redirected and its content will no longer be available.

They've explicitly stated that they'll still be selling physical books. A lot of people don't like using on-line resources or don't always have access.
I’ve been playing 5E for years now and have never used any of WotC’s online tools. I have used some online stuff, but mainly just to quickly check rules during a session. So using mainly physical books has never been an issue for our game and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

This is getting ridiculous. Nobody really liked Dragon+. Nobody was really reading it either.

As much as I may have read it or liked it.
I thought the same thing too. I remember folks blasting it pretty hard in the early days. I found it entertaining to kill a few minutes each release but it wasnt something I actively thought about either.

darjr

I crit!
What's the purpose of mocking and criticizing folks who think it's a shame that Dragon+ abruptly disappeared?
I'm not. I'm just torn.

I had a love/dislike for it.

I also would have liked it to be archived, but it is by a third party.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I thought the same thing too. I remember folks blasting it pretty hard in the early days. I found it entertaining to kill a few minutes each release but it wasnt something I actively thought about either.
I was a fan of the artist sketchbooks, some of the interviews (even if they were essentially advertisements) and the spotlights on DMs Guild products. Those spotlight articles led me to my first purchases there, and I'm a big fan of the site now.

Hussar

Legend
What's the purpose of mocking and criticizing folks who think it's a shame that Dragon+ abruptly disappeared?
I don't feel mocked.

I do feel that people may be over reacting just to tad with claims that this is the precursor to mictro-transactions and the like.

And, frankly, the explanations that have been forthcoming - legal issues, 3rd party hosting - do sound pretty plausible.

I'm pretty disappointed by this, but, I'm not taking the next step there and claiming that this is the end of gaming as we know it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Did Dragon+ actualy have any content? All I remember is adds (& occasionaly excerpts) for upcoming books and the occasional DMs Guild offering.

Remove ads

Remove ads