• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dragon+ Magazine Issue 31 out now!

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Oooohhh two articles on mass combat?
Very interesting. Someone said in a review about Explorer's Guide to Wildemount in Youtube that it's very weird that mass combat rules were not included considering the heavy aspect of war present on the setting. Very nice to see at least some more ideas on it. I definitely want mass combat rules and haven't been successful in creating or finding something that works for me.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oooohhh two articles on mass combat?

Mearls let it slip last year during an interview for BG3 that the sea and vehicle combat rules from Ghosts of Saltmarsh and Decent into Avernus were spun off from a mass combat system being worked on for WotC by an outside contractor in the wargsme scene(he's credited in Ghosts if Saltmarsh as a designer). If the Fall book is Xanathars Guide 2: Eldritch Boogaloo, I wouldn't be surprised if mass combat is a major part.

NiClerigo

Adventurer
The emphasis on mass combat, and the Perkins hints on an upcoming product featuring friendliness and militias of towns, among others, gives me great hope that an adventure or other product could be a Birthright-like one -I still don’t get why that setting is so neglected. Like Colville, I think it is truly inspiring. Moreover, it is one of the few settings I would call genuinely medieval. Of course, if such a product is coming it will be probably set in the Realms

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads