DRAGON Magazine monster index!

RavinRay

Explorer
From #345

• Mavawhan: a tanar'ri from the Kostchtchie's Iron Waste layer of the Abyss (James Jacobs, Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Kostchtchie)
  • Sea serpents (crested, lantern, spiked): aquatic lesser dragons (but with 12 age categories) (Morgan Peer and Tracy Peer, Sea Serpents)
  • Dekayi, elgonn, jagendar, and taga'rivvin: animals from the Underdark (Ryan Nock, Underdark Animals)

And can I just say, these friggin' names are so d*** hard to type! :]

Shade

Monster Junkie
RavinRay said:
From #345

• Mavawhan: a tanar'ri from the Kostchtchie's Iron Waste layer of the Abyss (James Jacobs, Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Kostchtchie)
  • Sea serpents (crested, lantern, spiked): aquatic lesser dragons (but with 12 age categories) (Morgan Peer and Tracy Peer, Sea Serpents)
  • Dekayi, elgonn, jagendar, and taga'rivvin: animals from the Underdark (Ryan Nock, Underdark Animals)

And can I just say, these friggin' names are so d*** hard to type! :]

Thanks! I keep meaning to get around to this issue, but the Fiendish Codex is like a drug. ;)

You can blame RangerWickett for the last batch. :D

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
47 - Wirchler, aruchai, Phoenix, Fury, mapmaker, flard, sugo (Creatures From Elsewhere, Patrick Amory) ...I'm pretty sure Dieties and Demigods came out before this issue, and weren't the Furies and the Phoenix in it?
Yes, Dieties and Demigods (1980) came out before Dragon #47 (1981) and yes, the Furies and the Phoenix were in that. However, the entry in Dieties and Demigods is for a unique phoenix that is more powerful than the one in Dragon #47. (And different again from the version later appearing in Dragon #65 and subsequently in the Monster Manual II).

The Furies from Dragon #47, on the other hand, seem slightly more powerful than the ones in Dieties and Demigods, and have a much more detailed description.

Remove ads