DRAGON Magazine monster index!

Big Mac

Explorer
Please unsticky this thread

This is a great thread, but why does it need to be a sticky? There is, I believe, a link from the Monster Indices thread.

If this thread is unstickied, it will help conversion threads to stay on the front page.

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm a bit hesitant to unsticky these, as they are among the most-used threads in these forums. I've heard from folks on other sites use them as a reference, and they have among the highest view counts of any threads on the boards.

I'll think on it more, though.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I've heard from folks on other sites use them as a reference, and they have among the highest view counts of any threads on the boards.
But are those views because they are stickied, or just because they are awesome threads?

If those threads are getting so many views from folks on other sites, then they probably aren't benefiting so much from the stickies as they are from being the first and second links if you type "Dragon Magazine Monster Index" in Google :p.

Heck, I use Google to find threads on the Creature Catalog parts of the ENWorld forums and I'm here all the time ;).

Nookie

Explorer
in dragon number 34 special Doom keep section there is a monster called a magicker that i cant seem to find anywhere else on these forums. Page M11 some kind of orange humanoid that is almost immune to magic and can catch and store spells in it magical sack for later use.

Cleon

Legend
in dragon number 34 special Doom keep section there is a monster called a magicker that i cant seem to find anywhere else on these forums. Page M11 some kind of orange humanoid that is almost immune to magic and can catch and store spells in it magical sack for later use.

Actually, there's a bunch of one-off monsters in that adventure.

IIRC, the only one we've gotten around to converting is the Harrow in room 4.

The Niner, Thesaurus, Krackseam, Electric Crawler, Magicker, Tar Baby (aka Asphalt Kobold), Aura Energy Monster, Coin Ticks and Blentz do not have conversions. Consider how obscure (and pun-ny) some of those creatures are, they don't seem very low on the conversion priority list.

Cleon

Legend
just thought i would mention them because they didnt seem to be on the index.

Well it'd be BOZ that would need to correct that Index, and he hasn't updated it since August 2007.

The Index seems to be missing the monsters from some of the adventures - it doesn't have Ythog-Nthlei and his cronies from Dragon #46's Temple of Poseidon, for example.

I usually use Echohawk's Monster Index, it's pretty complete and includes handy html links.

Remove ads