Dragon "make-a-monster" rules

der_kluge

Adventurer
Everyone is always talking about these rules that showed up in a Dragon magazine (early last year, I'm guessing). I think Monte Cook wrote the article, but am not sure on that. These rules talked about how to make new monsters.

I don't have that issue, and would like to see these rules. Does anyone know if they are available online anywhere? Or which Dragon issue that was (might be able to find a back-issue somewhere).

thanks,

Psion

Adventurer
They showed up in PDF format on a CD that came in an issue of Dungeon, Dragon, and Star Wars Gamer a bit later, though I can't say what the issue was (I think it was SWG #4, unsure about dragon and dungeon...)

Someone should have a copy of the PDF handy. I don't right now, though.

Humanophile

First Post
If anyone from WOTC reads this, can we have all the "how to"s from Dragon on the site? Us nonsubscribers have waited a good while, some basic rules stuff should be made available soon.

And Billybeanbag, I may very well take you up on that offer.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Thanks

Actually, that won't be necessary. Given that it was published as a .pdf by WoTC, I knew it had to be on the web somewhere.

I found it on a spelljammer site, of all places. darkwood.com, I think. Lost the link out of my clipboard now.

I printed it off downstairs on the laser color printer. Gotta get me one of those one day.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Humanophile, if you do a Google.com search on "Dragon" "Create a Monster" it should bring up a list of sites. The site I found it at was the first or second one listed.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So I take you don't need me to list off things for a dragon like : use d12 dice, gets 6 skill points per HD plus bonus skill poins equal to Int mod X HD? Huh then Klugie?

Grandpa

First Post
On a similar note, I started collecting Dragon at issue #275 and missed out on Monte Cook's "Create Your Own Prestige Classes" from #274. Does anywhere know where I could get my hands on this information?

Remove ads