• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon "make-a-monster" rules

der_kluge

Adventurer
Everyone is always talking about these rules that showed up in a Dragon magazine (early last year, I'm guessing). I think Monte Cook wrote the article, but am not sure on that. These rules talked about how to make new monsters.

I don't have that issue, and would like to see these rules. Does anyone know if they are available online anywhere? Or which Dragon issue that was (might be able to find a back-issue somewhere).

thanks,

Psion

Adventurer
They showed up in PDF format on a CD that came in an issue of Dungeon, Dragon, and Star Wars Gamer a bit later, though I can't say what the issue was (I think it was SWG #4, unsure about dragon and dungeon...)

Someone should have a copy of the PDF handy. I don't right now, though.

Humanophile

First Post
If anyone from WOTC reads this, can we have all the "how to"s from Dragon on the site? Us nonsubscribers have waited a good while, some basic rules stuff should be made available soon.

And Billybeanbag, I may very well take you up on that offer.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Thanks

Actually, that won't be necessary. Given that it was published as a .pdf by WoTC, I knew it had to be on the web somewhere.

I found it on a spelljammer site, of all places. darkwood.com, I think. Lost the link out of my clipboard now.

I printed it off downstairs on the laser color printer. Gotta get me one of those one day.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Humanophile, if you do a Google.com search on "Dragon" "Create a Monster" it should bring up a list of sites. The site I found it at was the first or second one listed.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So I take you don't need me to list off things for a dragon like : use d12 dice, gets 6 skill points per HD plus bonus skill poins equal to Int mod X HD? Huh then Klugie?

Grandpa

First Post
On a similar note, I started collecting Dragon at issue #275 and missed out on Monte Cook's "Create Your Own Prestige Classes" from #274. Does anywhere know where I could get my hands on this information?

Remove ads