• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonalnce Campaign Setting

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Are the any plans for an adventure 'anthology'? One big book with lots and lots of small adventures (or several books, or maybe with a few medium sized adventures).

Stormprince

First Post
jonesy said:
Are the any plans for an adventure 'anthology'? One big book with lots and lots of small adventures (or several books, or maybe with a few medium sized adventures).

Currently, no. The Dragonlance Campaign (the three adventures that I am writing) are our only adventure products this year. I'm not sure what our adventure products for next year are going to be yet, however, so I dunno.

Esdevium, Pegasus Spiele and Hobby Games UK distribute the magazine Games Unplugged magazine, which will pretty much have a considerable amount of exclusive Dragonlance material in it, including smaller adventures. You can also get a foreign subscription to the magazine as well (it also has exclusive content on nond20 lines, such as Shadowrun and the like).

Christopher

Tsyr

Explorer
Shadowlord said:
This is another example where d20 restricts people from proper roleplaying.

How so?

Shadowlord said:
It is too strict, it depends too much on balance, it forces creative people to slavishly follow written rules... :(

*checks to see if he is slavishly following written rules, nopes, and concludes you must be in error about it forcing people to do anything*

Shadowlord said:
I think if you want proper RPGs (systems) we should expect more from GURPS or BRP instead of d20.

Neither of which I can stomach in the slightest, as a system, despite liking some games built around them, and I know a lot of people who aren't fond of one or both of those system.

Shadowlord said:
For all WOTC has done, d20 and D&D remain hack & slash games.

If that's what you want them to remain, sure...

Shadowlord said:
All the energy those people put into sreamlining the rules and keeping the balance... if they would have only spent a part of it in creating roleplaying aids, they would still have kept a decent streamlined & balanced game, but this time a more richer and more rewarding ROLEPLAYING game.

Roleplaying only exists if you want it to exist. And if you want it to exist, it will exist.

Stormprince

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Why is the Dragonlance material going into Games Unplugged as opposed to the d20 specific Campaign magazine?

Games Unplugged has become a magazine showcasing products produced by Fast Forward and those companies whose products Fast Forward aids in distribution: FanPro, Pinnacle, Human Head, Fast Forward, and Sovereign Press.

Campaign Magazine is for d20 articles and pieces by other companies and freelancers. This way, any "house organ" material is contained within a single magazine, allowing the other one to retain a more independent air.

Christopher

Panthanas

Explorer
Stormprince said:

I'm in the process of writing the first part of a 3-part "epic" (lowercase, not Epic rules ;) ) mega-adventure spanning across Krynn.

This sounds pretty snazzy.

Another question for you...is there any possibility that you guys may re-work the original series of adventures (DL 1-15)? I know that TSR did so for the SAGA rules and 2nd Edition back in 1999 or so, but I'd love to see a 3.0/3.5 version for those of us who are too lazy to convert the old adventures over.

Stormprince

First Post
Panthanas said:

This sounds pretty snazzy.

Another question for you...is there any possibility that you guys may re-work the original series of adventures (DL 1-15)? I know that TSR did so for the SAGA rules and 2nd Edition back in 1999 or so, but I'd love to see a 3.0/3.5 version for those of us who are too lazy to convert the old adventures over.

We are not planning to, no. Main reason is that there are many other projects that we want to focus on and to be honest, the re-do of the original modules has been done to death even before 3rd Edition: The original modules, the Classics, the 15th Anniversary (SAGA) edition, now the mini-modules...and there has been a number of concentrated fan efforts to convert them over on Dragonlance.com. So, we'll let the fans convert the old stuff so that we can move ahead with the new stuff. I do believe that we have another sweeping adventure for Year Two: War of the Lance era, but I'm not positive sure yet what it is going to be exactly. We're still working on Year One, so stay tuned ;)

Christopher

Bestopheles

First Post
Okay Olive, here's the dragon rider:

Requirements:
BAB +10
Skills: Handle Animal 8, Ride 8
Feats: Leadership, Mounted Combat, Resist DragonFear
Special: Must have riden a dragon

Benefits per level:
Cleric BaB progression
Best Saves are Fort and Ref
Special abilities are:

Dragon Cohort, Mounted Attack

Dragon Feat

Empathic Communication

Dragon Feat

Inspire Fear

Directed Attacks

Defensive Attacks

Dragon Feat

Defensive Teamwork

I won't go into detail about all of the special abilities, but I can tell you the dragon cohort option is pretty cool, and isn't quite the "standard" use of the leadership feat. The Dragon gains bonus HD, Natural Armor, and Strength from the deal, maxing out at +8 HD, +8 Natural Armor, and +4 strength at level 10. By level ten, the dragon will also be uber tough and will gain a pretty hefty circumstance bonus to attacks and dragon fear from working with the human.

Jason

Last edited:

Panthanas

Explorer
Stormprince said:

...and there has been a number of concentrated fan efforts to convert them over on Dragonlance.com. So, we'll let the fans convert the old stuff so that we can move ahead with the new stuff. I do believe that we have another sweeping adventure for Year Two: War of the Lance era, but I'm not positive sure yet what it is going to be exactly. We're still working on Year One, so stay tuned ;)

Christopher

Cool. I'll be sure to keep an eye out over at DL.com and for the 'official' items you guys over at Sovereign are putting together.

Thanks!

Kai Lord

Hero
Bestopheles said:
Okay Olive, here's the dragon rider:

I won't go into detail about all of the special abilities, but I can tell you the dragon cohort option is pretty cool, and isn't quite the "standard" use of the leadership feat. The Dragon gains bonus HD, Natural Armor, and Strength from the deal, maxing out at +8 HD, +8 Natural Armor, and +4 strength at level 10. By level ten, the dragon will also be uber tough and will gain a pretty hefty circumstance bonus to attacks and dragon fear from working with the human.

Jason
Sounds awesome. What are the rules for determining what color of dragon you get?

Remove ads