• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonborn in Faerun

Nemio

First Post
I have a question about Dragonborn vs Sorcerors from another race who have the Draconic Bloodline origin.

Draconic ancestry gives such a human sorceror in my party a double proficiency bonus whenever making a Charisma check when interacting with Dragons.

I also have a Dragonborn fighter in my party who does not have such a benefit and might be pissed when he learns this. He does look more like a dragon than the human after all.

How can this be explained from ingame RP reasons?
Do dragons detect the innate magic in the blood of the sorceror which makes them respect him more?

Ilbranteloth

Explorer
I have a question about Dragonborn vs Sorcerors from another race who have the Draconic Bloodline origin.

Draconic ancestry gives such a human sorceror in my party a double proficiency bonus whenever making a Charisma check when interacting with Dragons.

I also have a Dragonborn fighter in my party who does not have such a benefit and might be pissed when he learns this. He does look more like a dragon than the human after all.

How can this be explained from ingame RP reasons?
Do dragons detect the innate magic in the blood of the sorceror which makes them respect him more?

I would just describe the sorcerer's ability as being magical in nature. Not even really a question of the dragons respecting him more, just a magical effect.

Ilbranteloth

Remove ads