Dragonlance Dragonlance 5E

SerHogan

Explorer
Anyone heard anything about Dragonlance getting a 5E reboot? Temple of Elemental Evil, Ravenloft... seems it's time in 2016 or 2017 for Dragonlance. The original adventure path, while not the greatest modules, seem perfect for what WOTC likes to do now.

dave2008

Legend
Anyone heard anything about Dragonlance getting a 5E reboot? Temple of Elemental Evil, Ravenloft... seems it's time in 2016 or 2017 for Dragonlance. The original adventure path, while not the greatest modules, seem perfect for what WOTC likes to do now.

Remember they started out with a Tiamat themed AP. Though you could do something different with Dragonlance, personally I would want the chance to fight Takhisis if it was a dragonlance AP. Just to similar to RoT I think.

Lehrbuch

First Post
Anyone heard anything about Dragonlance getting a 5E reboot?

There are a few references to Dragonlance characters in the PHB, MM, and DMG. So, that would suggest that Wizard's plans to do something with the property in 5E (otherwise the references wouldn't be there).

Exactly what will be done and when, and how definite those plans are, is unknown. As dave2008 points out the "Tyranny of Dragons" story has similarities. So, they'll probably either wait awhile or (more risky) do something quite different and unexpected with the setting.

So far, "different and unexpected" doesn't seem to be Wizard's current D&D strategy.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
WotC is grounded to FR for now, but the better something like Curse of Strahd does, the more they hear about demand for non-FR settings, the more likely they are to pursue it.

So there's probably no CURRENT plans for DL, but that doesn't mean there can't be, if there's a loud enough demand for it.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
You can hope for at least an Unearthed Arcana section with setting-specific rules in for Dragonlance like they made for Eberron at some point.

I suppose that in fairness, we already got the Krynnish minotaur, and the PHB gnome is pretty much straight out of Dragonlance.

All of that being said, I hope that if they DO relegate Dragonlance to an Unearthed Arcana article, they spend longer on it than the 15 seconds or so it took them to fart out the Eberron one.

akr71

Hero
I would welcome a return to Krynn, though I don't expect it any time soon. Importing Dragonlance into 5E wouldn't be very satisfying for me though; as others have said, it would feel like a recast of RoT. I might feel differently 2 or three years down the road though.

Nothing official, but there does seem to be quite a lot of home brewed material for Dragonlance on the net at this point.

We just finished RoT and our DM is starting a Dragonlance campaign at our next meeting because it's his all-time favorite setting. He's not waiting for an "official" release from WOTC, so we're using what we can find/create now.

Remove ads