D&D 5E Dragonlance book (180 pages) for players & DMs coming December 6!

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
PS I think this book looks interesting, I wish you luck and thank you for sharing all of the previews!
Thanks so much! We're really excited. We've been working on it for over six months and it is really hard to keep such fun stuff a secret for so long. I'm relieved to finally start sharing it with all of you.

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
@Splinterverse , sorry for derailing your thread and awesome product announcement. I have said my piece on that subject (TPoE) and will just look forward to more updates from you and Dec. 6th!
No worries. I understand, and I do believe the TPoE publishers are doing what they can to be in compliance (they've taken down their free version and commissioned art).

We don't have dragon stats in the book other than for the amphidragon. That said, I like your idea though. You should really consider publishing a book on that topic. There are lots of templates you can get on the Guild or you could even use GM Binder to bring it all together. I do a weekly YouTube series where I talk about a bunch of the new releases coming from the Guild and DriveThruRPG. There's always room for more creators.

After promotion for Dragonlance Companion is complete, we'll be focusing on our first Kickstarter for D&D. It is a concept we've been working on for over year with 45k words already written on it. It's something I've never seen before for 5E so I can't wait until I can start talking about that project. We're launching sometime in Q1 of 2023.

dave2008

Legend
Thanks so much! We're really excited. We've been working on it for over six months and it is really hard to keep such fun stuff a secret for so long. I'm relieved to finally start sharing it with all of you.
As a publisher did you know Dragonlance would be released on the Guild (as in WotC told you) or just assume. I don't think the official announcement from WotC cam until much more recently, unless I missed it.

dave2008

Legend
We don't have dragon stats in the book other than for the amphidragon.
OK, I didn't think you would, but I hoped. I always love more dragon stats.
That said, I like your idea though. You should really consider publishing a book on that topic. There are lots of templates you can get on the Guild or you could even use GM Binder to bring it all together.
I can do the stat block fairly quickly and easily, but the writing is the issue. I am terrible slow and I am not well versed enough in Krynn lore to give it a suitable DL spin. Maybe I can find a writing partner and give it a go.
I do a weekly YouTube series where I talk about a bunch of the new releases coming from the Guild and DriveThruRPG. There's always room for more creators.
That's great, I will have to check it out. If I ever get around to publishing something on the Guild I will drop you a note.

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
@dave2008 said:
As a publisher did you know Dragonlance would be released on the Guild (as in WotC told you) or just assume. I don't think the official announcement from WotC cam until much more recently, unless I missed it.
We had a feeling it was coming so we started preliminary work before the announcement, but our contributors didn't start work on it until just shortly after the announcement. All told, we spent over six months making it the best we could.

Splinterverse

Explorer
Publisher
Do these adventures tie into Shadow of the Dragon Queen or are they unrelated?

EDIT: only saw the twitter one before asking, the Instagram makes it pretty clear they are not
You are correct. The two adventures in Dragonlance Companion are not connected to Shadow of the Dragon Queen, mostly because they cover similar levels. However, stat blocks for some of our adventure NPCs as well as a large part of the other content in the book (magic items, spells, subclasses, backgrounds, etc.) could be used to supplement the material in Shadow of the Dragon Queen.

Remove ads