• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Camp. Setting '03

PrinceZane

First Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I was actually hoping to find the Chronicles in game format. That would be so much fun I think.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. *thumbs up*

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Prince,

Glad to help out. Like I said, Trampas and Cam are your best bet for the resources of DL info I can think of on the web.

Steel_Wind

Legend
While I am a fan of Sov Press/ MWP's DL line and own all of it, I actually think that the DLCS is the weakest of the product line.

But it's not a BAD book. I just would not read it and judge the other products by it, as I think the others are better. In many cases, much much better.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Steel,

Yeah I will admit compared to the awesomeness of Races of Anasalon, DLCS does kind of feel...lacking. But that's only because it spent so much time looking at the Races. :)

Otherwise it's stellar book to have in your DL collection.

Personally, I don't think the DLCS book is anything special. But then, I don't think anything from the 5th Age on is anything special either.

That being said, many of the 3.5 Dragonlance are superb. War of the Lance, Towers of High Sorcery, Holy Orders of the Stars, and Knightly Orders of Ansalon were all excellent.

The Campaign Setting book isn't bad, it's just not as good as a lot of the stuff that came after.

lrsach01

Explorer
defendi said:
It's fairly critical, though, isn't it? I think its the only place where ALL the subjects get covered.
True, but some classes are done better in later books, like the Knights of Solamnia. However, I do think this book is indispensable do to the world info alone. The art work may be spotty, but none of its bad. I also understand its now available as a PDF for the first time.

teitan

Legend
Nightfall said:
It's 3.5 and it's a GOOD 3.5. Trust me, getting DLCS is a great fine. It's probably one of the top books for Dragonlance to come out since "Tales of the Lance" box set.

Trust me, read it, own it, love it.

It will be worth your time.

Waiit a minute... you liked Tales of the Lance? That set was horrible, especially after the excellent Time of the Dragon boxed set. I mean c'mon, the map had the Great Wall of China on it...

I wrote a review of the DLCS, just click on me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads