• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Camp. Setting '03

PrinceZane

First Post
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has thumbed through this? Someone tossed it in my lap and I'm curious about anyone else's experience.

How close does it follow the DL theme?
Which ruleset does it follow? (3.0, 3.5, etc.)
What type of change did it bring to the game/group?

Our group has never been outside of GH and are getting bored. Time for a change, hopefully this is it. :)

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
It's 3.5 and it's a GOOD 3.5. Trust me, getting DLCS is a great fine. It's probably one of the top books for Dragonlance to come out since "Tales of the Lance" box set.

Trust me, read it, own it, love it.

It will be worth your time.

justinsluder

First Post
Nightfall said:
It's 3.5 and it's a GOOD 3.5. Trust me, getting DLCS is a great fine. It's probably one of the top books for Dragonlance to come out since "Tales of the Lance" box set.

Trust me, read it, own it, love it.

It will be worth your time.

Yeah, what he said.

Voadam

Legend
PrinceZane said:
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has thumbed through this? Someone tossed it in my lap and I'm curious about anyone else's experience.

How close does it follow the DL theme?
Which ruleset does it follow? (3.0, 3.5, etc.)
What type of change did it bring to the game/group?

Our group has never been outside of GH and are getting bored. Time for a change, hopefully this is it. :)

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Its the dragonlance people, Weis and Hickman with some Elmore art. Hard to get more DL than that.

It provides some background for various eras but uses Age of Mortals as a default I believe. It has mystics as a spontaneous divine caster class and a noble base PC class. Minotaurs are similar to orcs stat wise, LA +0, half ogres are +1 LA. I played a half ogre noble in a game and had fun. It has a new cosmology that I don't remember from 1e but I haven't read anything after the Dragons of Summer Flames Chaos War period for novels so I don't know if that change was already there.

I'm glad I got it.

PrinceZane

First Post
Excellent. Thanks for the quick replies.

I can't check out that DL website due I'm at work and the firewall is quite weird on what we can and can't get to.

Are there many prebuilt camps for it (similar to the free D&D ones at wizards.com) or does it all basically just follow the novels?

I know I could probably just find all this out when I get home, but I'm anxious :)

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
For campaigns, the original modules are being re-released and updated to 3.5 with Dragons of Autumn, Dragons of Winter, and Dragons of Spring. Or you can go for something more modern with the Age of Mortals trilogy: Key of Destiny, Spectre of Sorrows, and Price of Courage.

There are lots of great sourcebooks too, covering just about any topic in Dragonlance. War of the Lance is a must for anyone gaming in that period, and is, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best Dragonlance product ever.

Plus there's a great fan community. Check out the Dragonlance Nexus (link in sig), and the boards over at DragonlanceForums.com. The Nexus has a complete product listing with over 125 novels and gaming books, a Lexicon, fan art and rules, and so much more. Nominated for an Ennie as well!

Welcome to the world of Dragonlance! :)

Nepenthe

First Post
I can recommend the DL Campaign setting and the 3.5e Dragonlance products without reservation. DL is in the best shape it has ever been, support-wise, and there just isn't a good amount of books, they are all very good :)

I originally had major reservations about the post-Summer of Chaos thing (I haven't read any of the novels since that era, either), but based on what I've read in the gaming material (especially the AoM campaign), it seems to be a pretty nice campaign setting, probably better than the "original" was.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Nepth,

Well other than the loss of Soth, I do admit, I'm happy with some of the changes.

Prince,

Just ask Cam or Trampas. Both are not just experts, they have field work under their belts too! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads