Star Trek Adventures 2nd Edition

Modiphius Announces Star Trek Adventures 2nd Edition

Reynard

Legend
I don't mind funky dice. I just wish they'd sell them at a reasonable price.
Indeed. I wanted two sets of Fallout 2d20 dice and it ended up cheaper to buy one set plus the game's Starter Set. I was actually pretty surprised when i couldn't find cheap Etsy knock offs, to be honest.

Anon Adderlan

Explorer
The purpose of the starter set is to get people to buy the core book(s). If people play the starter set and think "This is fun, I should buy the next one" and find out the 2e core book isn't for sale, there is a risk they end up buying another RPG book (possibly even 1e) rather than wait for the new book.
And if they buy the core book then they no longer need to buy the starter set at all.

Well, they make D&D!
They own D&D. Whether they'll be making anything at all is becoming more questionable by the day.

For the love of Roddenberry, please keep Hasbro away from the Star Trek license.
Thankfully I doubt they can either afford it or justify it to shareholders.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Cool. Glad to hear this will be streamlined. That was desperately needed. The solo version was the best iteration of the Trek rules so far.

Also, I know the image is meant to show off all the uniforms and eras, but why is an admiral in the back when a bunch of Lt.s are taking the lead?

Cool. Glad to hear this will be streamlined. That was desperately needed. The solo version was the best iteration of the Trek rules so far.

Also, I know the image is meant to show off all the uniforms and eras, but why is an admiral in the back when a bunch of Lt.s are taking the lead?
Because the Redshirts... er lieutenants are expendable :)

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Well, if you or Modiphius feel they have the power to make that adjustment, rather than simply make adjustments to their own game, then be my guest. Your game answer seems to be blame everything but the game design for the problem it creates.
I like the game design, and would like to see it roughly the same moving forward (says some streamlining perhaps). Why would I blame it?

Anon Adderlan

Explorer
Do what now?
#Hasbro posted over 5 billion in losses, sold their movie/television studio, took a massive hit from the lack of success of the #StarWars license, severed their distribution agreement with Penguin, delayed the 50th anniversary books and won't make #GenCon, discontinued their Portuguese translations, effectively invalidated the OGL, and licensed all their IP to a third party to produce RPGs based on them. With the exception of MTG (which is indistinguishable from printing money) they're moving their focus from producing/distributing product to licensing properties. And even I question my own sanity and sarcasm about the #Paramount buyout when stuff like this drops literally the day after my post.

Deaconhux

Villager
While I doubt ship combat as a whole will get a complete rework, I do hope that they consider releasing an alternate version that takes facing into account, with separate quadrants for shields. It'd be more in line with the franchise, and it'd make me a happy Trek fan. Plus, if they're just alternative rules, then they won't be forced on anyone who doesn't want to use them.

Remove ads