• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Classics: Dragons of Despair

Jarval

Explorer
Goldmoon touches the staff to Riverwind's side, trying to heal the marks left by the creatures' claws. After tending to her lover's wounds, she looks over to Tanis.

"What were those creatures? We have been attacked twice in the last few days by foes for which I have no name. Does some evil draw out these foul things?"

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Goldmoon is able to remove most of the pain for Riverwind and Caramon, and Flint is certain he will feel better by morning, but Sturm's wounds resist even the power of the staff. If only there were a safe place for him to rest.

Continuing along the path through the woods, you come another crude bridge. This time a giant ironclaw tree has fallen, spanning the waters to another section of ground. Thick green moss drapes the log.

I decided the staff had the effect of a lesser restoration on all three men. Sturm is still down 4 Con. The others are down 1 Con and will be fine after a night's rest.

ErichDragon

First Post
Sturm struggles onward, trying to mask his pain and fatigue from the others. He will concentrate on his lineage and the oaths he has taken to himself, if not officially before the Knights of Solamnia.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Tanis

"I don't know, Goldmoon," Tanis replied. "I am uncertain of what they were, undead probably, but nothing I've encounter before. These are certainly strange times and threats seem to be around every corner."

"Once we are out of this area, I suggest we rest before continuing the journey," Tanis spoke to all. "We are quickly getting to the point where if we were threatened, we would have difficulty dealing with it."

Tanis will scout the area, checking to make sure they are on the right path [OOC: and making sure where we are heading, as I'm not certain].

GruTheWanderer

First Post
You followed the tracks of plainsmen east into the swamps. So far your only option has been to follow the path.

Crossing the ironclaw bridge might be dangerous to those who have not slept in more than a day, and it presents a good defense against enemies from deeper in the swamps, so you rest before crossing.

When light comes to the swamp in the morning, it is pale and cold, filtered through many layers of vegetation. The smells that surround you leave you with little appetite.

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
Flint chews on some hard black bread for his morning meal, trying to look unworried about the smells or sounds of the swamp. Of course this is all a front as the thought of sinking into some mire or stagnant pool is NOT how he want to end his days... better with axe in ones hands and dead enemies at your feet! He stares at the 'bridge' and past it, muttering to himself about the foolishness of this whole thing. Why not invite a family of Kenders into your home to do some inventorying instead?

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
In the morning Goldmoon examines Sturm's wounds again, and the staff heals his hurts.

Although the ironclaw bridge is treacherous, the party makes it across without disturbing other residents of the swamp.

Three hundred feet further the path branches in several directions. To the north another vine bridge stretches into the swamp. To the southeast the current patch of land continues, along with a faint path.

To the northeast an actual bridge spans two sections of ground. Its ornate wooden latticework, carved to resemble vines, is broken in many places. Two hooded figures stand on the north side of the bridge.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi All,

Given the low response rate, I am planning on closing this game. I apologize if my own delays caused people to lose interest. It appears I overestimated my ability to contribute regularly.

I appreciate the time and effort you put in to developing characters and roleplaying them. It's clear you all have affinity for the Dragonlance heroes and setting.

Thanks for playing, and I hope to see you around the boards.

Sincerely,
Derek "GruTheWanderer" Poppink

Jarval

Explorer
Sorry to see this game go, I was enjoying the role of Goldmoon. And sorry for not posting more often. I've had a heck of a lot of college work to do over the last couple of weeks, and all of my PbP games have been suffering as a result.

Thanks for DMing, it was great fun while it lasted.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads