Dragonlance Dragonlance Nexus Posts Tasslehoff's Pouches of Everything

The Dragonlance Nexus -- the fan site for all things Dragonlance -- has created a free 94-page PDF detailing the Dragonlance setting for D&D 5th Edition. The PDF includes races, organizations, equipment, gods, magic, monsters, geography, a timeline, and more. https://dragonlancenexus.com/tasslehoffs-pouches-of-everything/ Tasslehoff’s Pouches of Everything is your one-stop shop for all...

The Dragonlance Nexus -- the fan site for all things Dragonlance -- has created a free 94-page PDF detailing the Dragonlance setting for D&D 5th Edition. The PDF includes races, organizations, equipment, gods, magic, monsters, geography, a timeline, and more.

Tas_Pouches_Cover-1187x1536.jpg

Tasslehoff’s Pouches of Everything is your one-stop shop for all things Dragonlance and Krynn for D&D 5th Edition. During our journey through the people, organizations, monsters and magic of Ansalon, Uncle Tas will be your guide. Tas’ life is easily one of the most storied of anyone from Krynn. He has traveled through time and space, and done things that defy even the wildest of kender tales. That’s why we’ve recruited him to give us insight about every aspect of the world we love!

Tasslehoff's Pouches of Everything is a continuation of the mission of the Ennie Award-winning Dragonlance Nexus - to keep Dragonlance alive (including in gaming) and to celebrate the best of fandom.

So please have a look, and keep watching the Dragonlance Nexus for more new content for Dragonlance in 5th edition.

Long live the Lance!

Ed Mekeel

Steward of the Kingfishers
Is there really Half-Kender etc?

Also what happened to Kender "borrowing" things? Kender family heirlooms and all? Also Gully Dwarf wizards I guess? Instead of being ignorant they are cowards? That's better, i guess?

Thanks for the free book and all. Makes playing 5E DL easier.
Yes, there are several in the novels, the main being Scrounger in The Soulforge by Margaret Weis.

Where does it say kender don't borrow things? The Pouch Grab ability demonstrates it, but we don't want borrowing to mean stealing, and playing into a negative portrayal of the race. Not all kender always borrow. Some novels tackle that issue like with the character Nightshade Pricklypear. We don't want kender to be a race of childish kleptomaniacs, because they don't have to be.

In the past it's been noted that gully dwarfs are cringey because they're a bad portrayal of mentally challenged individuals. We aren't doing that. Also there aren't negative stats in 5e. We are focusing more on them being survivalists by any means necessary.

Thanks for reading.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Yes, there are several in the novels, the main being Scrounger in The Soulforge by Margaret Weis.

Where does it say kender don't borrow things? The Pouch Grab ability demonstrates it, but we don't want borrowing to mean stealing, and playing into a negative portrayal of the race. Not all kender always borrow. Some novels tackle that issue like with the character Nightshade Pricklypear. We don't want kender to be a race of childish kleptomaniacs, because they don't have to be.

In the past it's been noted that gully dwarfs are cringey because they're a bad portrayal of mentally challenged individuals. We aren't doing that. Also there aren't negative stats in 5e. We are focusing more on them being survivalists by any means necessary.

Thanks for reading.
I have Soulforge on my book pile to read, need to do that someday.

I can disagree about Kender, Again the whole family heirloom thing. The Kender in Kendermore literally wander into each others homes and take things and its normal. You can of course not focus on it and Im curious how WotC will handle it but Kender are all "borrowers" it's in their society. This is assuming this isnt a Kender raised by humans or something. Recently read the Huma book and the Kender in that one was an assassin (?) yet still "borrowed" things. They are kleptos. Taking all that away from them just makes them Halflings.

And yeah there really isnt a way to do Gully Dwarves in 5E aside from flavor text, whihc as you pointed out negatives of a D&D race are passe now a days. Again, I wonder how WotC will handle it in an offical book.

Ed Mekeel

I have Soulforge on my book pile to read, need to do that someday.

I can disagree about Kender, Again the whole family heirloom thing. The Kender in Kendermore literally wander into each others homes and take things and its normal. You can of course not focus on it and Im curious how WotC will handle it but Kender are all "borrowers" it's in their society. This is assuming this isnt a Kender raised by humans or something. Recently read the Huma book and the Kender in that one was an assassin (?) yet still "borrowed" things. They are kleptos. Taking all that away from them just makes them Halflings.

And yeah there really isnt a way to do Gully Dwarves in 5E aside from flavor text, whihc as you pointed out negatives of a D&D race are passe now a days. Again, I wonder how WotC will handle it in an offical book.
We didn't take anything away, we just didn't focus on it. The Handler background has more there as well. It's very evident these aren't halfings lol, come on.

In thought of an official book, we'll see. Tracy and Margaret are writing new novels. Will we get one? I am not sure. If so, it will probably be an adventure path and lighter on detail. We'll edit Tas' Pouches appropriately, get new art, and put this on the DM's Guild ASAP along with all of the other supplements we're working on.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
We didn't take anything away, we just didn't focus on it. The Handler background has more there as well. It's very evident these aren't halfings lol, come on.

In thought of an official book, we'll see. Tracy and Margaret are writing new novels. Will we get one? I am not sure. If so, it will probably be an adventure path and lighter on detail. We'll edit Tas' Pouches appropriately, get new art, and put this on the DM's Guild ASAP along with all of the other supplements we're working on.
Looking forward to any and all new DL stuff.

and thanks for all the work

The Kender in Kendermore literally wander into each others homes and take things and its normal. You can of course not focus on it and Im curious how WotC will handle it but Kender are all "borrowers" it's in their society.
When I ran my Dragonlance Alternity game, my take was that in Kender culture asking family and friends to borrow something was considered rude, only strangers require permission. Some isolated or naïve kender don't realize that the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

Ed Mekeel

Just wanted to message anyone interested that we made a few edits suggest regarding capitalization of skills etc, and also found some missing information for the Knight of Solamnia subclass. The new version of the pdf is uploaded.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I like the way they've done the orders, it's what I would have down with using factions and renown but I like their hybrid where you have the faction, but there are also some archetypes that are unique to the orders. I think this works really well.

Dire Bare

Legend
Also what happened to Kender "borrowing" things? Kender family heirlooms and all? Also Gully Dwarf wizards I guess? Instead of being ignorant they are cowards? That's better, i guess?
I got a bit confused when reading the kender race entry and noted the lack of "borrowing" . . . but that's handled by the, well, handler background later in the book. Only issue I have with the handler background is, if you want a "traditional" kender, you'll need that background, which puts off taking another background to further flesh out your character.

I think both the kender and gully dwarves were handled much better than I'd feared they'd be, but not as well as I'd hoped. I think you guys did a fantastic job of representing the existing lore in 5E terms, with some of the more cringey aspects filed off . . . I'm not really criticizing, it's just that I find these races extremely problematic in the source material. How do you avoid the problems with kender, gullies, and other races without redefining them altogether? I'm not sure what the answer is, but maybe we can all explore that when DL is opened up on the DMsGuild!

Really enjoying the book, thanks for all the hard work!

Ed Mekeel

I got a bit confused when reading the kender race entry and noted the lack of "borrowing" . . . but that's handled by the, well, handler background later in the book. Only issue I have with the handler background is, if you want a "traditional" kender, you'll need that background, which puts off taking another background to further flesh out your character.

I think both the kender and gully dwarves were handled much better than I'd feared they'd be, but not as well as I'd hoped. I think you guys did a fantastic job of representing the existing lore in 5E terms, with some of the more cringey aspects filed off . . . I'm not really criticizing, it's just that I find these races extremely problematic in the source material. How do you avoid the problems with kender, gullies, and other races without redefining them altogether? I'm not sure what the answer is, but maybe we can all explore that when DL is opened up on the DMsGuild!

Really enjoying the book, thanks for all the hard work!
Thank you! :)

Remove ads

Remove ads