Dragonlance Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen shows up in the wild!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Wouldn't it be 50%. Half the time you make it, half the time you don't. On average 2 PCs (out of 4) should go down. But there is a good chance you all do. Actually, I think it is more like a 25% chance of a TPK no that I think about it. However, it has been a long time since I've done anything with probabilities.
No. If each has a 50/50 chance of dropping, the odds of all 4 dropping are slim. I think the 6% number we were given is accurate.

Edit: Yeah. The probability of 4 heads in a row when flipping a coin is 1 in 16. So it's just under 6%.

dave2008

Legend
No. If each has a 50/50 chance of dropping, the odds of all 4 dropping are slim. I think the 6% number we were given is accurate.

Edit: Yeah. The probability of 4 heads in a row when flipping a coin is 1 in 16. So it's just under 6%.
Yep, i just saw the math in the other post - I was way off!

For another Lore thing for those wondering about Soth and why he is helping the Red Dragon Army.
This takes place before he met Kitiara. Takhisis herself recruited him to help and get some revenge against Solamnia. After the conclusion of the adventure he loses interest in the alliance and goes home with no desire to aid the Dragon Armies anymore. (Until Kitiara meets with him)

Scribe

Legend
For another Lore thing for those wondering about Soth and why he is helping the Red Dragon Army.
This takes place before he met Kitiara. Takhisis herself recruited him to help and get some revenge against Solamnia. After the conclusion of the adventure he loses interest in the alliance and goes home with no desire to aid the Dragon Armies anymore. (Until Kitiara meets with him)

How much of Chronicles/Hero's of the Lance stuff is there?

dave2008

Legend
Old school characters could cap Dex at 18, but the real issue is, again, you're telling your players that you want their PCs to be demonstrably worse.
18 was the score, but the bonus was +3. That corresponds to a score of 16. IF you want the feel of old school numbers, go with the cap at 16. We do 18 now with racial bonus increase the max (but not your score) to 20. I am think of going 16 (18 racial) for my next campaign.

dave2008

Legend
..., challenge rating is the wrong term to use. Hell, it should just go away and be XP budget at that point.
They do use XP for encounter building, they don't use CR. CR is good for glancing and say this monster is tougher than that monster, but that is mostly it. With enough experience I can also tell by CR if a monster is likely to be a threat or not to my group, my rule of thumb:
  • +5 = interesting
  • +10 = watch out!
But that only holds for solos. You really need to use XP when you have a group of monsters, and that is exactly what the encounter guidelines are based on XP, not CR.

Remove ads