Dragonlance Dragonlance: Solamnic Knights & Mages of High Sorcery Preview

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery. Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting...

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery.

knights-of-solamnia.jpg

Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting.

wellis

Explorer
Stryxhaven seems quite a long way outside the box, at least much so as anything TSR produced. And it seems to have not been particularly successful.
Probably because people nowadays aren't interested in Harry Potter as much as back then.
Essentially even if you're creative, if you bark up the wrong tree, that creativity doesn't attract interest.

Ixal

Hero
Probably because people nowadays aren't interested in Harry Potter as much as back then.
Essentially even if you're creative, if you bark up the wrong tree, that creativity doesn't attract interest.
Is that really the case? While I do not have sales data Pathfinders Strength of Thousands (Magic School adventure path) was quite well received I think. Although some of that might have been the goodwill generated by the preceding setting book which was apparently very good.

Personally I am not interested in the new WotC releases because of their "creativity" but because of their throwaway, one shot nature without any details.

Before the saga of Harry Potter the wizarding school was a subgenre with titles for example "the worst witch".

And there is a new videogame, Howards Legacy, then the franchise of Harry Potter isn't totally dead. Maybe that is the point, because Warner doesn't want a rival for its franchise. Do you rembember when Disney didn't want Ever After High, by Mattle, as a rival for their franchises of cartoon princesses?

I wonder we could see some day a Stryxhaven Playmobil.

Before the saga of Harry Potter the wizarding school was a subgenre with titles for example "the worst witch".
I mean magical school isn't JUST a harry potter thing... the magicians, heck the Xmen, like you said the worst witch (and some say HP is just a rip off of that one) all do it. In the 90's the Charmed Sisters found out about a magic school too (so perfectly names... magic school)

When I was a child I watched the 1986 version of "the Worst Witch", years before Harry Potter.

The the Japanese subgenre of maho-shojo/magical girl is decades before Harry Potter.

When I was a child I watched the 1986 version of "the Worst Witch", years before Harry Potter.

The the Japanese subgenre of maho-shojo/magical girl is decades before Harry Potter.

yeah that is teh one people say you can see where HP stole stuff

Remove ads

Remove ads