D&D Movie/TV Dragonlancing TV show being worked on by WotC confirmed

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I've already read the Dragonlance books more than once. I don't need (or really want) a series to cleave too tightly to the books. Not only does a change in medium require changes to the narrative, setting, and characters, but the books are not without their flaws that I imagine a TV series can fix or simply erase.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I've already read the Dragonlance books more than once. I don't need (or really want) a series to cleave too tightly to the books. Not only does a change in medium require changes to the narrative, setting, and characters, but the books are not without their flaws that I imagine a TV series can fix or simply erase.
This. The obsession with books being the same as tv / movies is odd to me. Like, really odd.

Clint_L

Hero
That was far from a confirmation. If the movie does really well the odds of this happening definitely increase, but there are a lot of steps between working on a project and a TV series actually happening. It ain't real until there is a studio, show runner, and budget attached. And even then it might not get all the way onto air.

At best, this is "be guardedly optimistic" type news.

Random Task

Explorer
Yes, revisiting the original books as an adult made me realize they were pretty flawed.

Remove ads