Dragon's Delve by Archon Adept - A Dungeonaday.com Adventure [IC]

Archon Adept

First Post
Soooo....everybody's along for the big dungeon crawl and nobody brought a flippin' light? Priceless. :lol:

btw, I'm ready to push you forward, but my preference is that all six PCs post at least once for the 'establishing shot'. We'll give Voadam and Sir Osis a bit more time.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I can provide some light, Glarias has provided me with light of the moon to guide my way." he says casting Light of Lunia. "Unfortunately it only lasts for about 10 minutes and I can only provide it a few times a day." offers Dorian.

Archon Adept

First Post
With no better option immediately at hand, the group clusters around Dorian and the soft nimbus of light which radiates from his open hand. The party begins its descent down the stairs with Clip and Justin in front, followed by Bellus and Dorian, and Illian and Robert bringing up the rear.

The stairs descend for 20 feet, then open into a 20x20 square room. In the light of Dorian's spell you can see that more stairs lead down from here in three directions...north, east, and west. Everyone can see that each stair descends for another 20 feet.

Decisions, decisions...oh, and don't forget that Dorian's light spell won't last for long.

Attachments

• DD Level 1 032109.JPG
    DD Level 1 032109.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 250

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Bellus Mughandle

"Fascinating! What a peculiar arrangement! Perhaps each staircase leads to a noncontiguous subterranean complex? I have no preference for a route, at least at this point of our journey."

Erekose13

Explorer
Dorian pauses for a moment listening for any noises and looking for anything beyond the radius of his light. Provided nothing offers them with a temptation for any particular direction he says, "Left then?" and heads down those stairs.

hafrogman

Adventurer
"Left works."

Justin peers into the darkness that quickly advances up the other two stairways as Dorian's light follows him to the left. The inky black seems to swallow each step as it advances behind them. Shivering slightly, he follows the others down the left stairway.

"Maybe we should just veer left every time we have a choice. It will make backtracking easier to remember."

Alright left it is. Let's get moving.

Clip rests his draw greatsword over his should as he nonchalantly starts off to the left.

I have a few sunrods, but i think it will be best if we save those for an emergancy.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Justin, I was thinking along the same lines." says Dorian in responce to the idea of keeping left.

"Clip, I think we may need those in a few minutes. My light spell will not last very long." replies Dorian.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Bellus Mughandle

Bellus slaps his palm to his forehead. "How silly of me! I too have a couple of sunrods in my backpack. I swear, I'd sometimes forget my beard if it didn't grow from my chin." The dwarf chuckles at himself. "Left seems as good as right or forward at this point. If only I'd thought to bring some chalk. Ah! Of course! Wait here for a minute or so, please."

With as much speed as his stubby legs can muster, Bellus hurries back up the stairs. He collects several samples of the local flora before returning with bits of grass, twigs, and flowers protruding from his clothes. Waddling over to the left-hand staircase, he presses a flower into a crack where the wall meets the floor.

"Ta da! Our path is marked. Ah, a stowaway!" Bellus says as he flicks a beetle from his arm.

Great job, Bellus! Now lets get movin' Clip glances back over his shoulder at the group.
Shall i take point, or does someone else want the honor? I think it best if we take our time when we get movin'. No sense blunderin' inta a trap.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases