• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon's Revisited [Come on in folks]

annadobritt

First Post
WOW!!!! I am very jealous of all you fantastic artists.

Malessa, your dragon on the tower is absolutely fantastic.

Wish I had 1/16th of your talent.:D

If I saw that dragon offered as a poster, I'd snap it up in an instant.

Has anyone ever tried to draw a Pseudodragon?

Wolv0rine

First Post
I have an older pic (nearly 10 years old now, really..wow) that has what could be called a pseudodragon (I meant it to be one, but whether or not it meets the visual criteria is another matter).

I've been meaning to scan that sucker in for years now, but it's so d@mned big... bigger than my flatbed scanner, and I'm too lazy to piece to together. :p

(Why did I reply then? Because it's 5 in the morning, I need to be up by at least noon, the 2 year old twins will likely wake up soon, and I'm goofy with need for sleep, that's why darnit. :p)

Liquide

DEX: 4
Not on a coffee break :) , my computer has been over at a friends house in the week-end (we played a lot of games over network) and I have still not been able to get it home.

Just gimme a day to get the computer back home and I'll catch up (currently at me pops house).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Malessa said:
Thanks brak1, hope I did ok with this..

Nobody mentioned any booboo's so I think I'm done. Y'all fire away...lemme know what you think.:)

The dragon is perfect, but I already told you that on your Illustrations thread. One question, is the dragon attacking the castle? Or is it just perched there?

If it's attacking, then I suggest modifying the castle's tower to look more... broken, crushed, with falling stones, buckling, cracking, etc. (I'm assuming you can still modify it in this way.)

BTW, now that you and Liquide are becoming really good, you might want to think about trying some different sorts of breath weapon designs to use with your dragons.

Of course, pictures of roaring lions or of snakes striking with fangs bared would give a good indication of how the mouth would need to be formed to release such a breath weapon.

Plus, you might want to do a sketch of a dragon in flight. I'm sure everyone's up for the challenge. A gold dragon, with oriental influence, in flight over a mountain or swooping down over a city, breathing fire. Yes, that's my challenge to the artists in the thread, which I'm not. Maybe with a dragon rider. :)

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dalamar said:
Here it is. I think it has some mistakes, but that's what I get for learning to draw more types than perspective.

Dalamar, IMO, the head and neck need to be bigger, longer. Either that or streamline the body a little.

Liquide said:
Well here is my wingless dragon, even though one pictures dragon with wings I wanted to try one without wings in this take.

It is still a draft but I wanted to play around with odd poses and I wanted to create an inpressive horned beast.

So here we go folks.

Oh and Malessa and Wolv0rine I want your input folks :D

Liquide, I loved this wingless dragon. Looks very prehistoric and reminds me of the Felldrakes from Monster Manual II.

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Here's a nice, big green.

Attachments

• dragon4.jpg
    dragon4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 88

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads