• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Thank you all for agreeing to put and end to our dragon menace. Feel free to come talk to me if you have any further worries or concerns. Velsovious remains behind to talk with him for a few minutes, Alder Sade de Worth believes in order and peace for his town, and religion is a part of that. He doesnt seem personally devoted to any of the gods. You are interrupted by messangers with paper work, and the Alder bids you farewell.

You leave the Alders home, and Keria shows you to the guest cavern first. It is a large open cavern with fungus glowing from the walls. There is a ornamental screen that separates off a naturally warm bathing pool, with caved steps. Part of the cave is set up as now empty animal pens. There are beds set up that look freshly made, and foot lockers are available for personal possessions. More screens are stacked against a wall for further subdivisions. There are also several tables, stools and a couch.

For those wandering or touring the town, it has 9 main tunnels including the main promenade. Most homes are tunneled off the main cavern, set off by a few internal steps.
Most of the people seem happy to see you, exchanging greetings , but some are suspicious especially if you are still armed and armored while wandering the town. It doesn’t take a long time to see the whole thing.

The temple of Maaluma is in a high hall, with pillars supporting the roof. The priest is a middle aged hairfoot who has 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds, on hand, and will sell them for 50gp or on credit against the dragon’s treasure.

Hond, and others accompanying Keria,
She is happy to give a tour of the town, and is very talkative about the towns people, mostly gossip. She will also ask lots of questions about where your from and what life is like other places and the names of your weapons. She will talk about her friends, and a pair of human barbarians that stayed in town for a while, they said they were from a tribe on the mainland, and they didn’t seem to be a couple, cause one danced with Pamela at the last festival and the other seemed to be getting along really well with Captain Delmar even carrying his fathers sword into battle – It was made from a huge dragons tooth. Delmar’s dad hated dragons, but Delmar wields a dragon’s claw that he named ‘Honor to the Fallen’. She and Delmar had a big fight and both barbarians left for another island.

That night most of you end up back at the guest cavern. It is well after dinner, when the bell at the entrance of the cavern is pulled and a withered looking stout hobbles in. Warm carring eyes peer out of a tired face. His robe is clean but somewhat crumpled looking. He wears a cloak and jewled choker. While the cloak is a fine one, there are muddy fingerprints on the edges and stained where it drapes over his shoulders. The various smells of small children travel with him. Not gone all Beddy-Bye yet? .... I mean I’m glad your still awake. I am Father.. Lux .. de .. Boran. *sigh* Can some one get me a something to sit on? It’s been a long day.

Last edited:

Mithran

First Post
Hond listens patiently to Keria's gossip about the people in the town and tells Keria about his homeland freely when asked but fails to mention much of anything about himself.

At present with Father Lux:
Hond was lying on his back when Father Lux came in but quickly jumps up to bring the older man a chair. Even after Hond has brought Father Lux a chair he remains standing "Good to see you, Father Lux"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Father Lux sits down in the chair provided by Hond.

Im sorry that I could'nt get here sooner, but I have been using most of my power to shore up our food supplies, as well as teaching and caring for the little ones of the town. The town's wizard Mero, has offererd to accompany you, and he should be here shortly.

Has anyone told you about the specific layout of the primary food caverns? No?
it is 50x120 and has two small tunnels connecting it to the rest of the town. I have heard the dragon has collapsed one of the tunnels. It also seems to have dung its own passage from the surface, and left that larger tunnel open. So how many tunnels is that?
He waits a moment as if expecting you to answer. Irreguardless of whether or not he is answerd, he continues. Two of our tunnels, minus one is one, plus the dragons new tunnel is two.
copper dragons like building and digging, as they are responsible for making most dragon lairs. If you stop by the school tomorrow, I can protect one of you completely from its acidic breath, but I am not sure what else in my repitore would last long enough to effect the battle. Do you have any other questions?

He will also provide directions to both the existing tunnel and the tunnel to the surface.

Mithran

First Post
Hond stays silent through Father Lux's whole speech. Once Father Lux appears to be done Hond speaks up "I don't have any questions now, Father Lux. Thank you"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As if on cue, you hear the sound of someone approaching outside the room. Without waiting for an invitation, a garishly dressed hairfoot wearing an overly large hat sweeps into the room.

"Aha! Aha! I hoped I would catch you!" Sweeping the hat from off his head to reveal a mess of unkempt hair, the hairfoot introduces himself.
"I am Mero Trabant, purveyor of the Feasting Hall, the finest tavern in all the land." Turning, seeing the Father for the first time. "Aha! Father, good day! You were correct in that they would arrive today, as always." Taking a moment to catch his breath and catch his thoughts, he continues. "Forgive my exuberance, I am excited for this opportunity. It is a rare thing for our small town to host a group with such skills. You see, I myself am somewhat of an expert on dragons. Well, that is I have studied a great many papers on the topic. I have been waiting a long time for the group with the right stuff, as it were. I would like to offer my services as a master of all things arcane in your heroic adventure!" He grins widely, awaiting your response.

Ferrix

Explorer
Aphram listens with the attentive ear of a trained hunter to the description of the tunnels by Father Lux. When the father mentions protecting one of them from the dragon's acid, his gaze appraises his companions, finally resting on Hond and Grimhild, "one of those two brutes would be best, they're the most likely to want to get anywhere near the beast."

Upon the arrival of the hairfoot Aphram glowers menacingly, apparently the boistrous entrance did less than please him. "Master of all things arcane?" he scoffs, "right then. Better know when to duck when it breathes, spellbook isn't going to save you then."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Ah yes, you make a good observation. I recall a paper on the subject by the noted Master Qui. "If one cannot use magics of arcane or divine origin to reduce or negate the effect of a dragon's breath, one should use a protective barrier of mundane material to deflect some of the energy." Your fact proves my earlier theory correct, you are indeed experienced with dragons and thus are the perfect traveling companions. He smiles with self-satisfaction.

Mithran

First Post
Hond looks around him and decides he may as well sit down again "Master of all things arcane? Does that mean you have the knowledge to cast spells, or simply book learning?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Turning to Hond, "A little of both actually. I am "spell caster", if we must use such a bland description, and I know a variety of spells of defensive, utility, and offensive nature. I have also studied arcane subjects such as magical spell effects, magical beasts, ancient rituals, and dragons of course. I have also dabbled in studies of the natural world." He hesitates for a brief moment and continues. "Though I must admit most of my experience is... theoretical. I have read a great deal on the subject of dragons and other strange creatures but I have not actually... encountered any. I am eager to put my studies into practice however."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads