Dragonstar books

So far the only book we know about except the two core books is Imperial Supply - an equipment and tech book. I'm sure you'll find plenty of starships in that one. Greg Benage also mentioned that they have a few DS adventures coming up this year. I suspect we'll hear more soon. The Galaxy Guide isn't even out yet...

-Zarrock

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Actually we have no plans to publish any Dragonstar modules this year except for the 6 Living Dragonstar modules for our RPGA campaign. Those will be available to RPGA members for download, and the first two are debuting this weekend at Con of the North!

That said, this weekend I am also debuting a Dragonstar adventure I wrote that will be available for free download on the Fantasy Flight Games Website http://www.fantasyflightgames.com . In the next few weeks we will also be debuting a Dragonstar adventure writing contest with fun, fabulous prizes!!! But, you didn't hear that from me.... ;) Look for an official announcement sometime next week.

Wil Upchurch
Fantasy Flight Games
wil@fantasyflightgames.com
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com

Last edited:

qstor

Adventurer
Will is there plans for an atlas or a starship deckplan book?

I finally picked up the main book yesterday! It's fantastic!

Thanks!

Mike

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I must say I would love to see an Atlas or at least some kind of Starmap. The Starmap would be something that would be cool even if you put i up on the website.

I would love to see a Starship book done just like the Explorer was done in the Starfarer's Handbook. Besides having a deckplan a picture of each ship would be nice too. :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
Actually we have no plans to publish any Dragonstar modules this year except for the 6 Living Dragonstar modules for our RPGA campaign. Those will be available to RPGA members for download, and the first two are debuting this weekend at Con of the North!

Wil Upchurch
Fantasy Flight Games
wil@fantasyflightgames.com
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com

Now this is where I think AEG is getting the better of Fantasy Flight Games. AEG comes out with a sourcebook, say, Dragons (or Undead), and then comes out with a series of 4 mini-modules to support it. FFG, while having the mini-module format, hasn't done this yet and I think it's a weakness. Evil, Dragons, and Undead all benefited from having immediate support for the GM. Hopefully, FFG will start using it's Instant Adventure books to do something like this.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Maybe you should consider publishing a Dragonstar mini-adventure in an issue of Polyhedron (or any d20-based periodicals like Campaign magazine) sometime this year.

JoeGKushner said:

Now this is where I think AEG is getting the better of Fantasy Flight Games. AEG comes out with a sourcebook, say, Dragons (or Undead), and then comes out with a series of 4 mini-modules to support it. FFG, while having the mini-module format, hasn't done this yet and I think it's a weakness. Evil, Dragons, and Undead all benefited from having immediate support for the GM. Hopefully, FFG will start using it's Instant Adventure books to do something like this.

Not much of a weakness given that FFG's products have been much more solid than the first AEG (who haven't really picked up before Rokugan IMO). Many DM's (including me) never use modules that are not home-made. This isn't even something I consider. I would much rather see that Dragonstar is supported with solid sourcebooks. I can always make adventures....
The support you'll need as a DM should be a plenty in the Galaxy Guide as well...

-Zarrock

Remove ads