Dragonstar Resource Fansite!

Neo

Explorer
Spider Man movie <sniff> :( it's not even out here yet...so i've got to wait a while.

Anyway latest bunch of creations being worked on are as follows
Crime Boss PRC, Imperial "Shadow" Telepath PRC, Imperial Shock Trooper PRC

and the Neogi overhauled for Dragonstar along with a NEW! Great Old Master Template

So be sure to check back in the next couple of days folks to find all these new goodies :)

Neo

Explorer
Re: Nice stuff

kramis said:
You have some nice stuff there Neo. I'm getting into the swing of things myself, though much more slowly.

Thanks Kramis,

So long as people find my creations useful then the aim has been achieved, and positive comments like this make it all worthwhile, so thanks again!

I tend to make 2 or 3 new things or creations each day which i keep Brutorz bill busy with uploading for me :D as he's kind enough to host my creations and conversions.

The latest creations Imperial Shock Trooper PRC, Imperial Shadow Telepath PRC and Crime boss PRC should be up some time tommorrow.

Neo

Explorer
Okay i've just completed the next project the Neogi conversion, i used Scotts (of Creature Catalogue) as a starting point but with a few changes, such as a proper poison bite, not a slow bite, as it is mentioned as being poisonous, so it made sense it should work like a poison, also a slightly higher strength to reflect the original damages a little more, and also Weapon finess (claw, bite) as opposed to weapon focus, and finally different racial skill bonuses, Bluff and climb in this case, first because the Neogi are naturally deceptive and untrustworthy, and second because of the 8 limbs and sharp claws on them.

also there is as much info on them now as there was when first released, tailored to fit the dragonstar setting where necessary. And finally the great Old Masters have been made into a template as opposed to a new creature as it made more sense as a template to me, as it's something a normal neogi becomes as opposed to something separate.

anyway as i say it's all off with Brutorz bill atm, so should be available shortly.

I expect i'll do a few more standard species write ups like the Mind Flayers, Doppleganger, Myconids, githyanki etc...

Neo

Explorer
Okay the Neogi and their Umber Hulks along with their Faction info, and now the Illithid and the Shou'kkar and their faction info, and also the doppelgangers and their faction info should now be added.

These will be added to over time, including ships of the factions design, maps of the areas of space these factions control and so forth as time allows, right now they are the creature and basic faction info only.

kramis

First Post
feeback

By the way, I'd appreciate feedback on some of my items if you have any suggestions by way of price, power, etc. changes to them. I haven't play tested so I could be misgauging balance issues a bit. Any comments would be appreciated.

Neo

Explorer
Re: feeback

kramis said:
By the way, I'd appreciate feedback on some of my items if you have any suggestions by way of price, power, etc. changes to them. I haven't play tested so I could be misgauging balance issues a bit. Any comments would be appreciated.

Well regarding advice, i'd give the following...

Pricing:
Look at items of a similar nature use that price as a starting point and the consider a) the availability of the item i.e is it advanced, extremely rare, unique etc.. and modify the price accordingly, and consider b) the nature of the item, is it something that is normally possible to do, is it something high tech, or with unique effects, or unusual requirements.. and then modify the price up or down accordingly.

Power:
Powering of an item should have a few factors considered, if it does things which are like spells look i add the total spell levels together and divide by the number of spells to get an averge spell level and then determine what level a spellcaster would have to be to cast that level spell, and thats the kind of power level a foe would be who has the item.
If it has rare on unique effects balance them out with some catch or hindrance or cost in some fashion
If it functions in ways similar to normal items use them as a basis for the level of affect, if they are more affective increase the cost also, less effective reduce the cost.

also unless your running a Tech heavy campaign like myself, the general tech of Dragonstar is that anything which cannot be achieved by technology is usually achieved by magic, as such magic should always be more effective than tech..so when powering an item for a standard DS campaign make sure it's not quite as effective as a similar spells effect in some way, duration, area of effect, range etc...

anyway i hope this helps

Neo

Explorer
Hiya Folks

there is now a little Excel i created for making system maps up on the site, nothing fancy, just copy & paste then print.... so easy even a child could use it.

More updates to follow!

Neo

Explorer
Navigator (think Dune'ish) and ISPD Operative Prestige classes to follow shortly

Also a batch of weapons to follow too, as well as the next of the Factions

Greywandir

First Post
Hi Neo!

Love your work, especially your prestige classes.

I just have an question about your soulship prestige class,
Been thinking of letting one of my players become one, but i´m wondering about what happens to their Dexterity value.

Do they still have it? If not, what happens to their skills that is based on Dex?

I mean, a soulship takes a hit to their Pilot skill for one, since for (most?) it´s one of their prime attributes.

Since i am a Farscape enthusiast i just could not let this Prestige class slip me by... just love Moya!!
/Greywandir

The Comms down!
Yeah! so is your Frelling Brain!

Remove ads