• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DragonWing Games to Produce Bastion Press Titles

Jim Butler

Explorer
DragonWing Games to Produce Bastion Press titles

(October 4, 2006) Fort Wayne, IN – DragonWing Games has acquired the rights to the Bastion Press line of d20 titles. Effective October 4, 2006 the home for Bastion Press will relocate itself to the DragonWing Games website <http://dragonwing.net> along with the official company forums.

“I am very excited about this opportunity,” said Steven Creech, owner of DragonWing Games. “Bastion Press and I have shared a long history and I am honored that Jim would entrust the Bastion legacy to me.” DragonWing Games will not only continue to offer Bastion Press’ existing titles such as Arms & Armor, Minions, Torn Asunder: Critical Hits and Airships, but also develop and publish new products under dual Bastion Press and DragonWing Games logos. These new books will include the long-delayed Lore of the Gods and Book of Curses along with offering new reprints of the sold out Arms & Armor v3.5, Torn Asunder: Critical Hits, and Complete Minions with any errata included.

“Steve has been involved with Bastion long enough that I’m comfortable handing him the reins,” said Jim Butler, President of Bastion Press. “Steve’s guidance and drive will allow Bastion Press products to thrive in the marketplace as my professional life leads me back into the computer gaming field. I’m confident that Bastion remains in good hands.”

Bastion Press products may be purchased from electronic online retailers such as DrivethruRPG, EN World Gamestore, Paizo online store, and RPGNow. Print copies of all available Bastion Press titles may be purchased directly from our partners at the Studio 2 Publishing online store or from your local hobby and games store.

About DragonWing Games

DragonWing Games was founded in 2004 as a means of producing small, quality products designed for use with laptops while gaming. In addition to the license with Bastion Press, DragonWing Games has also licensed the Hunt: Rise of Evil and Fall of Man campaign settings from Mystic Eye Games. DragonWing Games is owned by award-winning game designer Steven Creech, who also serves as the sales director for Magnificent Egos miniatures. He may be contacted at creech@dragonwing.net or on the DragonWing Games website <http://dragonwing.net>. DragonWing Games’ most recent product is Darkwalkers: The Evil Within, an OGL supplement on evil player characters and campaigns.

2WS-Steve

First Post
Just want to say congratulations to Steve Creech and that it's great to see Bastion making sure that its material is finding its way into good hands. Putting Oathbound back in the hands of the writer is a very big-hearted thing to do.

Ghostwind

First Post
Thanks, Steve and Mark. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I expect that there will be more news in the near future regarding products to be released under both the Bastion and DragonWing logos. :)

Ghostwind

First Post
DaveMage said:
Does this mean "Bastion" products will be .pdf (or POD) only?

Both. I will be working to bring all remaining print Bastion books to pdf. I will also be working to offer some books that were pdf only as POD options. Additionally, all new releases will be offered through Studio 2 Publishing and into regular distribution. This means you will still be able to order them through your local hobby store or through the Studio 2 online store.

DMH

First Post
Sigh of relief. It is nice to see that the company's lines will still exist. And to see MEG's revival as well. I hope the best for you, Steve.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads