• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragoon's RttToEE IC

Castigator

First Post
"A Sage?" Ascalante appears genuinely surprised "In a small town like this?"

"But I guess Homlett's history has by far outgrown it's size as a town, and there might by some historian here to research the village's haunted past."

Looking around the main street, the blond Bard carefully studies² the townsfolk wandering by.
"But if this moathouse was indeed a site of the evil that has breed near here twice before, than I'd assume that it wouldn't be too difficult to find. If there is no sage, we might try a local temple or shrine. Someone there would surely be familiar with the darker events connected to this place."

[SBLOCK=OCC²]What time of day do we have?
What's the weather?
What season?
How many people are about?
Do they look worried? happy? contend? afraid?
Are there guards about?
etc..
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dragoon

First Post
OCC info:

The weather and date:

1st of Planting, 591 CY (The Month of Planting = April)
Weather; High 71, Low 56, Clear Skies, Sunrise 5:52, Sunset 6:11

Current time: around 7:00am

There are people in the streets going about the errands, farmers going to the fields and loggers going out to cut wood, etc.

No guards to speak of, it is a fairly small town. Only a militia, and the guards that are at Lord Burne's tower, but they do not patrol the town. Basicly Elmo keeps the peace.

There is a Sage in town and his home is located across town.

nonamazing

Explorer
Erimel breathes in the cool early morning air and watches the townsfolk as they amble about occupied with their errands. How peaceful, he thinks.

"I suggest that we get started as quickly as possible, my friends, while the day is still young. By all accounts, the moathouse cannot be terribly far from Hommlet. With luck, our investigations will be over by night's fall." Ermiel frowns slightly as he glances at Elmo's retreating back. "To be honest, I do hope there is nothing of consequence to find there--these poor folk have suffered enough from evil's sting."

"I have heard that a simple sage makes his home toward the far side of town," Erimel points off into the distance, "and I suspect we may find a map of the area there." With that, Erimel begins walking quickly toward the sage's home, keeping a surprisingly quick pace. The slender elf's supple boots seem to barely touch the ground, and he moves in nearly complete silence.

Once Erimel reaches the sage's house, he pauses for a moment and waits for the others to catch up. As they do, he steps forward, knocks softly on the cabin's wooden door, and then takes a few steps back to stand with the group.

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Eglath nods, "A visit to the sage couldn't hurt. Anything to make our job easier." He strides along with the others.

Dragoon

First Post
You walk to the far side of town of where one of the locals outside the Wench has givin you directions to the only sage in town, one: Todariche Nem. The sage's house is a ramshackle building, looking as if it has been added on a few times. The yard is unkept and the fence around the house is in poor repair. Outside of the front door hangs a sign that says: Todariche Nem, Sage.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vardrin waits a few moments for someone to answer the door after the elf's knock. Not seeing any forthcoming (or just too impatient to wait), he strides up and knocks significantly louder. Then, in a large voice, he calls, "Good Morning, Master Sage! You have custom!"

Castigator

First Post
Ascalante trails along after the rest of the group, enjoying the fresh morning breeze and the lively hustle and bustle of the waking town.

"This Hommlett certainly doesn't resemble the fierce outpost of valor, belaguered by the forces of Darkness the way it is told in tavern gossip...." he muses quietly, stroking his greying mustache. "... if it would, those florid songs might actually hold a clue on where to find this moathouse."

[SBLOCk=OOC Question]
Can you use Bardic Knowledge to find locations, such as this moathouse?
Just wanna know for the heck of it. It's my first Bard after all.
[/SBLOCK]

Dragoon

First Post
After waiting a few moments after knocking, you hear a raspy voice yell out from behind the door,"Who is that rapping upon my door, I was busy with a snore."

occ: Sure you can use a Bardic Lore roll, to know how to get the moathose, dc15.

Castigator

First Post
"Well, it certainly wasn't the contemplation of history and ancient lore that kept him from looking after his gard"
Ascalante jokes under his breath as he approaches the rest of the gathered adventurers by the front door.

"A fair morning to you aswell Todariche Nem.." the elderly Bard answers the Sage a bit louder "..and may the good gods bless you with fortune on this bright new day. We're simply travelers who would like to consult your wisdom on a few things concerning these lands."

While waiting for a response from the inside, Ascalante adds again in a low murmur
"...because most of the wild tales from here are simply too abstruse to be of any help²"

[SBLOCK=OOC²]
Bardic Knowledge only 13
[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads