[Dread] Jenga beat up my dice! My results from the indie horror RPG.

Anybody else still got a love affair going with Dread?

I've now run my homebrewed one-shot scenario five times, and I think it's probably polished up enough to share with any other Dread GMs who are interested.

Trouble in Paradise: Two weeks on the most secluded inhabited island in the entire world sounded like a fantastic getaway idea. No cell phones, no internet - you'll be totally off the grid. This should be the most peaceful two weeks you've ever had... Wait. Why are people screaming??

To properly run this game, however, you'll need to pick up a few inexpensive props: Yellow leis and yellow flowers to be tucked behind the ear of each female PC (up to 4, depending on player choices). (I couldn't find the specific flowered hair clips that I bought for my own game, but there are lots to choose from online.)

If any other Dread GMs are looking for a very memorable scenario, let me know and I'll happily share with the rest of the class. ;)

Just in case you hadn't thought about it in a while, I just want to reiterate my love for this RPG. I ran it again on Saturday, and holy crap did we have a good time. I'm spectacularly thankful that Gamicon chose to put us in the "Adult Themes Only" room, 'cuz hoo-boy. I think a couple of players even offended the other adults in the room with the in-character crudeness, but it was all in good fun.

And yet again: Props. Make. Games. Better.

Eunomiac

First Post
Keeping the Dread love alive with, I hope, a way to play it online!

I've tweaked a Jenga module for Tabletop Simulator (available on Steam), and so far it works pretty damn well: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088019097 It really captures the tension of the wobbling tower.

(I'm still playing with the physics settings for the pieces---mass, friction, drag, gravity, that kind of thing---so let me know if you find values that better fit the pacing of the real thing!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases