• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dresden Files RPG possibly available at Origins?

Rechan

Adventurer
So Evil Hat made an announcement.

I have never heard of the "Instant Content Preorder", but the idea is really awesome. A PDF is suitable for me. I expect the book if I'm laying down the cash, but I definitely would enjoy a PDF.

My wonder is if I can get the instant content preorder without having to go to Origins to do it. Or what ORigins member I need to pay off to get me one.

Regardless, We're A LITTLE CLOSER TO DRESDEN!

P.S. No, I do not work for Evil Hat. I am merely an overzealous fan of anything Harry Dresden, and have been hassling Fred Hicks and crew since I heard of the possibility of the RPG.

Fedifensor

Explorer
I don't know how excited I am about the RPG system Evil Hat has come up with for the game. However, as long as they have a lot of setting info (with direct input from Jim Butcher, no less) I'll buy the book just so I can adapt it to a different game system.

evilhat

Explorer
I don't know how excited I am about the RPG system Evil Hat has come up with for the game. However, as long as they have a lot of setting info (with direct input from Jim Butcher, no less) I'll buy the book just so I can adapt it to a different game system.

We're going to have a ludicrous amount of setting information, specifically speaking to a comprehensive Who's Who of characters in the Dresdenverse. We'll also talk in depth about the dyamics of magic, and cover topics like the "old world" politics of the supernatural community, the underlying themes of the setting, and more. Some of which we've already leaked over at our website: The Dresden Files RPG

evilhat

Explorer
My wonder is if I can get the instant content preorder without having to go to Origins to do it. Or what ORigins member I need to pay off to get me one.

I've addressed this in more detail in the comments to the post you've linked to, but I will say that we should be running the preorder deal online as well shortly after Origins concludes, if we end up doing the preorder rather than having physical books on hand. (If the physical books are nigh, we may end up running an online preorder *prior* to Origins, but I'm so not banking on that.)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Good news!

I've been hooked on Harry Dresden since GenCon UK 2007, where I played an adventure using the Witchcraft system.

I'm really looking forward to what the Evil Hat crew will produce.

Rechan

Adventurer
What Fred said.

Even more so, the book is going to have so much FLUFF and INformation, I'm worried it's going to be like 600 pages. :p

Remove ads