• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dresden Files, who would you cast?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Darth K'Trava said:
Only 2 of them: Black Court and Red Court.

Bianca: not yet an enemy of Harry. But not what we'd call a friend either...

I said VARIOUS. That means more than one. :p

But even so I don't care that much about White Court...just yet.

This week episode annoyed me. Maybe because I was expecting something else from it...and got very little from it.

I hope next's week ep should be better.

sniffles

First Post
I enjoyed the latest episode. They did a number of things that made me think, "Ah, that's the Harry Dresden I know from the books!".

I hope "Sharon" makes another appearance later so we can find out more about her and if she's up to anything beyond insurance fraud.

But while I liked the backstory about Bob, I wish they would focus more on Harry's backstory.

Nightfall

Sniffle,

I read some episode summaries on Wikipedia. I have a feeling Sharon will be making a return visit towards the end of the season.

*didn't think about that so much as people playing with dead things annoys/disturbs him*

At least if they aren't Orcus or Kyuss for some reason.

Matchstick

Adventurer
sniffles said:
I enjoyed the latest episode. They did a number of things that made me think, "Ah, that's the Harry Dresden I know from the books!".

I hope "Sharon" makes another appearance later so we can find out more about her and if she's up to anything beyond insurance fraud.

But while I liked the backstory about Bob, I wish they would focus more on Harry's backstory.

I liked the "Sharon" episode quite a bit, as did my wife. I thought it was twisty, and every time I thought I knew what was going on, something would happen.

Interestingly, in this one Bob comes right out and says something about Harry's effect on technology. Harry is casting more and more spells as we go on, and I like that, and the hockey stick got put into play last night as well.

It wasn't great TV, but it was good TV, and I think if they can maintain that level they could get renewed and possibly get a following.

Nightfall

Match,

That would be a nice change of pace, considering that BSG 2003 is seemingly floating off into its own world.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I was talking to someone who is a huge fan of the books and has had some personal contact with the author. Apparently one reason for the change in the order of airing episodes is that the pilot and maybe a couple of others had Bob as a skull and they needed to reshoot them after they felt it was not working visually.

sniffles

First Post
Matchstick said:
I liked the "Sharon" episode quite a bit, as did my wife. I thought it was twisty, and every time I thought I knew what was going on, something would happen.

Interestingly, in this one Bob comes right out and says something about Harry's effect on technology. Harry is casting more and more spells as we go on, and I like that, and the hockey stick got put into play last night as well.

It wasn't great TV, but it was good TV, and I think if they can maintain that level they could get renewed and possibly get a following.
I agree. And I had the same thought about Harry doing more spellcasting. I don't mind the hockey stick at all, I was just glad to see it do something. I also noticed that although he doesn't seem to have any difficulty with telephones (so far), Harry does have his apartment/office lit only with candles.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
sniffles said:
I agree. And I had the same thought about Harry doing more spellcasting. I don't mind the hockey stick at all, I was just glad to see it do something. I also noticed that although he doesn't seem to have any difficulty with telephones (so far), Harry does have his apartment/office lit only with candles.

This is the second episode where he used it for spellcasting. Telephones are relatively simple technology compared to alot of stuff (note he doesn't have a cordless in the place).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads