D&D 5E Drizzt Do'Urden official stats in D&D Beyond Announcement?

Prism

Explorer
Looks good to me. I typically use the famous NPCs in my game but its nice to have some stats as a reference. Level 19 seems right as does the class mix

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
In my campaign Drizzt was fed into a woodchipper (feet first!), the goo was dissolved in a vat of acid, and the remains of THAT were breathed on by a red dragon. The ashes were scattered to the four corners of the world.

So, yeah, no stats.

Fool! True Resurrection could still work! NO HALF MEASURES!

;)

saucercrab

Explorer
Whats with all the odd stats? For someone who is portrayed as a marysue in the novels, they sure did a poor job with his ASIs. Honestly, if I ever run a FR adventure for some reason, npcs like drizzle and eleminster wont even exist.
Actually, those are almost identical to his stats in 1st Ed.'s Hall of Heroes (1989), which I believe was his first write-up. There, he has Str 13, Int 17, Wis 16, Dex 20, Con 15, Cha 14.

Valetudo

Adventurer
Actually, those are almost identical to his stats in 1st Ed.'s Hall of Heroes (1989), which I believe was his first write-up. There, he has Str 13, Int 17, Wis 16, Dex 20, Con 15, Cha 14.
Thats not a good reason. His stats have changed with the editions. As a fighter his asis would have been better spent than trying to mimic a thirty year old system. If your gonna portray him as a marysue badass in the novels, maybe his stats should mimic that.

Valetudo

Adventurer
Guen isn't Drizzt's animal companion. She's a full party member, played by a combat junky who doesn't like to talk and can't be bothered to show up to every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, shes just a magic item that honestly isnt all that strong when shes statted out.

ehenning

Explorer
Thats not a good reason. His stats have changed with the editions. As a fighter his asis would have been better spent than trying to mimic a thirty year old system. If your gonna portray him as a marysue badass in the novels, maybe his stats should mimic that.

You are welcome to make your own set of stats. I simple user what was provided and tried to see what that character is

saucercrab

Explorer
I didn't say it was a reason. I was just pointing out an interesting similarity.

Oehlian

First Post
Well, his speed doesn't make sense based on his character description in the books. And his ability scores don't add up. Doesn't look like a real character. More just a marketing mock up.
he has a special pair of bracers that allow him to move faster so maybe buffed boots of elvenkind and just reflavor them as a bracer

Remove ads