D&D 3E/3.5 Druids, bows, 3.5 and d20

Pagan priest

First Post
There was a Celtic sword called a falcata, that had a curved blade. I would certainly allow a druid to use it, and if I were feeling lazy, I would say it has the same stats as a scimitar. Nothing to do with the Orient at all, and easily as accurate as calling a katana a masterworked bastard sword. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Falcata.jpg
    Falcata.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 151

isoChron

First Post
Are you sure this is a celtic sword ? As far as I know Falcatas were used in old egypt up to the regions of present turkey. Or am I wrong ?
BYE

Darklone

Nope, the egypt thing was called Kopesh... But yes, the falcata were not only used by celts... trade was common in these times. Perhaps the first falcatas were bought from India? (Kukris)

Vanye

Explorer
Gregor said:
If you want, you could worship a FR God named Mielikki. Worshipping her allows Druids to use Ranger proficiencies for free.

Unless they changed that in the Green Regeant documentation, no, it doesn't. Worshipping her allowed you to use Ranger weapons without violating their ethos (ie, the weapon restrictions), but didn't give you proficiency in them. It just allowed for ranger/druids of Mielikki to use ranger weapons without losing their druid abilities.

Pagan priest

First Post
Darklone said:
Nope, the egypt thing was called Kopesh... But yes, the falcata were not only used by celts... trade was common in these times. Perhaps the first falcatas were bought from India? (Kukris)

Given the time frames involved, the kukri would have followed several centuries after the falcata. It was Republican Rome, not Imperial Rome that had to face these, whereas the Imperial British had to face kukris.

The kopesh is significantly different from the falcata. (Sorry, no picture...)

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Your possibilities are:

1 feat

OR

1 level of barbarian, ranger or fighter
Barbarian and ranger are prime choices - barbarian means you can rage, and get some extra hitpoints at first level, and ranger lets you track without spending a feat, not to mention keeping your wild empathy up. Fighter is a bit harsh because he gets so few skill points, and none of the skills line up with what you want for a druid.

OR

1 level of rogue or bard (shortbow not longbow)
Rogue for sneak attack, plus lots of skill points (the ability to hide and sneak is pretty sweet for a druid). Wilderness lore will suffer though.

Bard gets some nice musical abilities, a couple of lame spells, and some nice skills. Shame they took away wilderness lore in 3.5, huh?

OR

Be an elf
Downsides: you're an elf, and will periodically be obliged to eat daisies.

Darklone

Ehm,... that the Imperial British dudes had to face guys with kukris does not mean that they invented it then, right?

Since India was kinda the center of steel production before ancient Rome came up, I'd expect a rather simple weapon like the kukri pretty early.

Remove ads