Dry Spell

Brain

First Post
Slyfen makes sure that Lord Bootlum is done speaking, and then asks, "Do you have any sort of information as to the whereabouts of Relgore and his gang that would be more useful to us in finding them? Perhaps the area that has most recently been dried up?"

Krug

Newshound
(Earlier on, Belisha had stared at the mutton stew before pushing it away. She gave some of it to Rufus. Asked to explain, she said "It reminded me too much of Gwaaaah." She then just bit on some bread.)

Belisha nods. "The lakes would not have dried out so quickly by themselves."

Galethorn

First Post
Eolan, after wiping sweat from his brow with his sleeve, nods as well.

"I would go on this quest for you without pause, but I don't speak for my companions, and we would need more information to pursue this troublesome bugbear with any chance of success."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"I am certainly willing to undertake this quest, if only for the good of the townsfolk. If it is any help, I can perform elementary auguries to determine the outcome of any particular course of action."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
More with Bootlum

OOC: The spell casters will need to inform me when/if they want to prepare spells. Other than that, I'll assume you have the ones listed on your character sheets as prepared. When you use them, I'll mark them off. Also, I need to know from Hardin when his daily preparation time is.

Lord Bootlum is visibly heartened by your willingness to help. He smiles, nods, and sits back in his chair, a weight having been lifted from his shoulders. He continues,

"I'm afraid that no one knows exactly where Relgore's hideout is. The squad I sent after Relgore was unable--or unwilling--to find it after their battle with his gang. They considered the problem solved, in any case.

"I think that investigating the most recently affected lake is a wise course to take. Following Allthrop road through the west gate will take you to this lake in about a day and a half. In fact, it was near this location that I was ambushed. Perhaps you will be able to find some clue there as to the location of the gang's hideout. The temple of Heironeous is also close to this location. A rough trail leads from the lake to the temple after a walk of about thirty minutes through a woods. Perhaps the priests there could be of some assistance to you. They are not fighters, but they have a strong tradition of helping travelers and those who would do good in this land.

"I can supply you with a week's worth of food and water for the trek. Beyond that, the people would take notice and accuse me of funding a wild goose chase with the public treasury, and more importantly, wasting precious water. My position is already weak, and I fear that such a situation could quickly lead to more disaster for the town. If you choose this course, I can have things arranged by morning."

OOC: If you choose this direction, the next DM update will likely describe the beginning of your journey out of town, so if anyone wants to resupply, please let me know (unfortunately, no magic items are available for purchase here). Of course, feel free to stick around town long enough to do whatever you want; I don't want to railroad you, I'm just guessing that people are antsy to get on the way.

Krug

Newshound
"A week's will suffice for us. Hopefully the water in our waterskins will not disappear overnight," says Belisha, the beavertail on her cap flipping excitedly.

If everyone's riding Belisha will purchase a riding dog or a pony, as well as rations and saddlebags for the beastie. Yes, yet another animal...

Brain

First Post
"Indeed, let's go. The sooner we can remedy the situation, the better."
Slyfen accepts the food, and puts it in his pack, but soon realizes that it is heavy, and he is slowed down by the extra weight. He attempts to get others in the party to carry his food for him, for he needs to be light on his feet for scouting purposes.

Remove ads