Dumpshock.com.down or gone?

Imperialus

Explorer
I have tried a few times to log onto www.dumpshock.com to check a PBP game I'm running but getting a domain is parked message... Bit of a longshot asking here but does anyone know what's going on? Is this a server glitch or is something larger in the works. It'd really suck to loose DS, it's the only english shadowrun forum that I know of. :(

CaptainTrips

Explorer
Imperialus said:
I have tried a few times to log onto www.dumpshock.com to check a PBP game I'm running but getting a domain is parked message... Bit of a longshot asking here but does anyone know what's going on? Is this a server glitch or is something larger in the works. It'd really suck to loose DS, it's the only english shadowrun forum that I know of. :(

Check out the main Shadowrun RPG site - http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/

Long story short, InMediaRes is negotiating to get the licenses for Shadowrun & Classic Battletech. This may be why Dumpshock is "parked".

Imperialus

Explorer
odd. I'd heard rumbleings about that but Dumpshock was independent... It'd be a bit like ENworld going down if D&D was getting sold.

le-sigh. I guess this means an even longer wait for arsenal.

JDragon

Explorer
CaptainTrips said:
Check out the main Shadowrun RPG site - http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/

Long story short, InMediaRes is negotiating to get the licenses for Shadowrun & Classic Battletech. This may be why Dumpshock is "parked".

These negotiations have been public for weeks and who knows how long they were going on behind the scenes before it was announced to the public. So it doesn't seem to make sense that they would pull the plug now. (At least thats what I'm hoping.)

The InMediaRes deal was mentioned on www.classicbattletech.com on 4/20/07.

I'm a player in a PBP game going over at Dumpshock thats closing in on 10 months old and we are in the middle of a messed up fight.

JD

Clueless

Webmonkey
As far as I knew DS has been working for a few months now towards a server move and rehaul of forums. Perhaps that's what this is?

Imperialus

Explorer
Clueless said:
As far as I knew DS has been working for a few months now towards a server move and rehaul of forums. Perhaps that's what this is?

Well that would be good. I just hope they don't loose the PBP threads.

Remove ads