• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dundjinni vs CC2 for Campaign

Wonger

First Post
Dundjinni seems to be pretty powerful when it comes to battlemap-scale maps, but I need to create a bunch of large geographic region scale maps and complete dungeon maps. From what I've seen so far, Campaign Cartographer seems best suited for that. I'm considering buying one or the other and not overly concerned about price.

Has anyone had experience with both? Or have any impressions in general about the pros and cons of the two packages? Particularly about continent or kingdom scale maps?

RogueRonin

Explorer
Wonger said:
Dundjinni seems to be pretty powerful when it comes to battlemap-scale maps, but I need to create a bunch of large geographic region scale maps and complete dungeon maps. From what I've seen so far, Campaign Cartographer seems best suited for that. I'm considering buying one or the other and not overly concerned about price.

Has anyone had experience with both? Or have any impressions in general about the pros and cons of the two packages? Particularly about continent or kingdom scale maps?

I used CC2 Pro to do the world map and all the continent maps for my old campaign setting. I never really did anything on a smaller scale with it, although i have seen smaller scale maps that look really good using CC2. I have never used Dundjinni, but judging by what I have seen of it, it looks better for dungeon tiles or battle mats, I think. Well, I hope that helped at least a little.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads