Dune Official Trailer

Azuresun

Adventurer
I think Jared Leto is treading Johnny Depp level of annoying, I cant put my finger on it but he just does.

Having "read" Dune, (I'll get to that in a minute), I think its a hard book to translate to a movie in my opinion. Too long for a single movie but not long enough for two.

When I last read the book, I thought a lot of the stuff after the timeskip felt a bit rushed. Being vague because of spoilers, there are several events that happen after that point which could be expanded on, or things we hear about second-hand which could occur "on-camera", without any of them feeling like padding.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
You almost have to make an hour-long TV program "The Backstory of Dune" (which would do what the Appendices do for Lord of the Rings) so when you settle in to watch the Dune movie you can understand what is going on.

For the younger set who don't have much experience reading a thick densely-packed book.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I really love Blade Runner 2049 and I like Villeneuve's work as a rule. But something about this just seems a little off to me. Like, it does not feel quite gritty enough or something. Which is ironic given that the film is about a desert planet, ;) .

There's plenty of visible grit and sand - but the images are so sharp and crisp that I think it looks less gritty than something shot or produced on a lower resolution medium.

MGibster

Legend
Maybe it has been too long since I read the combat described in the books. But what I do remember is that the Fremen thought Paul was messing with them because he always hesitated with his blows. But that was due to how personal shields work. Yet the melee combat between shielded opponents looks really fast?

Part of it was that Jamis was obviously outmatched by Paul and they believed the latter was toying with him. When Jessica explains that Paul has never killed before, Stilgar is relieved as he feared he had invited a scorpion into his sietch. Paul didn't want to fight Jamis let alone kill him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases