• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DUNE: questions about a RPG game.

William drake

First Post
Hey, anyone out there love the Dune series...if so, does anyone have any stats for character types. If so, I'd like to know. All the details, even if someone has stats for a SandWorm that would be cool.

What would the stats before a Fremen?
A Bene Geserrit?
Suk Doc?
House Assassian?
The Guild?
The Telexiu?
The Honor Matra? *not sure if I spelled that right?*

Define the powers: Voice and the other skills of the Bene Geserrit?
Or if anyone has stats for say Paul, or Lady Jessica or any of the other characters from the story, that would be usefull as well.
Thanks.

johnnype

First Post
I've never seen it done for d20 but some of this was done for the CODA system Dune RPG that came out 5+ year ago. It's been years since I looked at my copy of the game. If I recall correctly it does not include any stats for major protagonists from the novel. I don't know if it even included stats for sandworms. I'll have to check.

Mentat, Bene Gesserit, Suk Doctor and several others were classes if I recall correctly.

One thing I do have which you might find interesting is an outline for a campaign written by Matthew Colville and Stephen Long. It was supposed to be one of the first supplements to the game but as you know, the game never got that far. I think Matthew posted it to RPG.net a while ago. It makes for interesting reading but you need to keep in mind that it's only an outline and therefore does not contain any stats for NPC's.

bolen

First Post
johnnype said:
I've never seen it done for d20 but some of this was done for the CODA system Dune RPG that came out 5+ year ago. It's been years since I looked at my copy of the game. If I recall correctly it does not include any stats for major protagonists from the novel. I don't know if it even included stats for sandworms. I'll have to check.

Mentat, Bene Gesserit, Suk Doctor and several others were classes if I recall correctly.

One thing I do have which you might find interesting is an outline for a campaign written by Matthew Colville and Stephen Long. It was supposed to be one of the first supplements to the game but as you know, the game never got that far. I think Matthew posted it to RPG.net a while ago. It makes for interesting reading but you need to keep in mind that it's only an outline and therefore does not contain any stats for NPC's.

I think there is a D20 version that came out at a Gen Con maybe 5 or 6 years ago (when OGL was new) But they lost the license and it is a huge collector's item now (or is that the CODA version)

johnnype

First Post
bolen said:
I think there is a D20 version that came out at a Gen Con maybe 5 or 6 years ago (when OGL was new) But they lost the license and it is a huge collector's item now (or is that the CODA version)
Yep, that's the CODA version. What's interesting is that in reading the outline I mentioned above it bills itself as an adventure designed to take characters from 1st through 10th level. Like I said, I haven't looked at the book in a couple of years but I don't really remember levels being part of the CODA system. I could be wrong.

There is also a d20 version, which is the one that goes for 200bux regularly on eBay. It's bizarre. Sadly, I don't have a copy anymore, twas lost in the Great Flood of '03.

-TRRW

mattcolville

Adventurer
theredrobedwizard said:
There is also a d20 version, which is the one that goes for 200bux regularly on eBay. It's bizarre. Sadly, I don't have a copy anymore, twas lost in the Great Flood of '03.

-TRRW

There was never a d20 version. The version you're thinking of is the CODA version. The only published Dune RPG.

Johnnype: The outline mentioned levels because it was, indeed, for the d20 version we were working on at the time. Alas, like so much, it never saw the light of day.

LostSoul

Adventurer
There is a very-heavily inspired setting for Burning Wheel called Burning Jihad. It's Dune with the serial numbers filed off. It was done up by Luke Crane and the other guys who work on Burning Wheel/Empires.

johnnype

First Post
mattcolville said:
Alas, like so much, it never saw the light of day.
Alas indeed. The outline is a fun read and it looks like the first chapter was almost complete. I'd love to see the map of the Arakeen palace. Was it ever drawn up?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!

Remove ads