DUNE - The RPG?

Alchemist

First Post
The logical question becomes: Why isn't somebody doing d20 Dune? It is certainly a popular setting, and it's done well enough in the warcraft-like computer game world. I would consider such a product a good thing...Or if somebody is doing it, is there a link? :)

Tsyr

Explorer
Alchemist said:
The logical question becomes: Why isn't somebody doing d20 Dune? It is certainly a popular setting, and it's done well enough in the warcraft-like computer game world. I would consider such a product a good thing...Or if somebody is doing it, is there a link? :)

Funny store. LUG was GOING to do Dune D20... the book they released was just a "limited edition" thing to garner interest...

Then the big monster got hold of them...

*grumble* :mad: :( :mad: :(

Maerdwyn

First Post
IIRC, the license to do a Dune RPG was held by LUG, then, after their purchase, by WOTC for the remaining term of the license. After the term of the license expired, it was not offered for renewal by the Herbert estate (or whichever entity licenses such things)

buzz

Adventurer
Why?

I honestly can't really see the point of a Dune RPG. I mean, the books are mostly about people having internal monologues and waiting 10,000 years for their plots to come to fruition. How exciting could this be?

Player: "Okay, I drink the Water of Life!"

GM: "Allright. What's your 'Paul Muad'Dib' score?"

Player: "It's 'NOT'."

GM: "Okay, you die."

Player: "Damn!" *Rolls up 37th new character.*

:p

mattcolville

Adventurer
Maerdwyn said:
IIRC, the license to do a Dune RPG was held by LUG, then, after their purchase, by WOTC for the remaining term of the license. After the term of the license expired, it was not offered for renewal by the Herbert estate (or whichever entity licenses such things)

That's basically right. I was not renewed, I don't know if it's accurate to say "it was not offered for renewal."

Remove ads