• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #187 - first issue with 0 adventures?

Shemeska

Adventurer
I knew they received so many each month, that responding, individually, to each was just not feasible.

It just strikes me as something that could be improved to keep people invested and ensure they keep submitting ideas. Both magazines managed to give responses when they were still in print, even if just a form rejection letter. But often some of the ideas I had rejected (by multiple editors) were given reasons for the rejection and suggestions for refining the ideas, to submit it again in a few months and see if it fit the schedule more, or ideas on topics to focus submissions on that might be on the horizon.

Kobold Quarterly manages to give responses as well in my experience, and I presume they're running on a smaller staff than WotC does for their own 'zine.

Perhaps they're really really understaffed and can't respond, even with a form rejection letter. But I can't imagine the number of queries now to be that much more than when the magazines were still in print form and openly recognized as the way to break into the industry. With no physical product, I would actually think it would have less queries. Again, my perception only.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
That's... also wrong. Andok Sur was up 02/15/11 in issue 187.

Wrong? Is this directed at me? All I said was that the missing adventure was up. I made not claims to issue 187 having no other adventures.

If you are referring to something else, then nevermind...

Aegeri

First Post
At least it is actually out and it's not a frigging delve. I actually quite liked it and thought it was pretty well put together.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
It really wouldn't matter what I said. If I said there were 25 people managing it, you would likely give a similar response.

Strangely enough, when Paizo had more people working on the magazine, it was a better magazine. Or, if you disagree with that, it was at least more of a magazine. More adventures. More words. More maps. More illustrations.

It didn't take them 25 people, though it did seem to require more than one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads