• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douane

First Post
[OoC:]

Someone,

I'm sorry to see you going. I sincerely hope that there is nothing bad/serious in RL! Come back when you can!

Folkert

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Well it's surley a door of some kind. I'll try to spring it without getting killed. Everyone stand back." Sando says and proceeds to fiddle with the door if he can.

(I've got to level him so I can throw points into Disable device. This game is going to slow without it. I'm sorry I screwed up and forgot that skill for my thief.)

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
"Are you really sure it would be a good idea to trigger it? Your brethren have proven themselves to be quite ingenious with their traps." Carrach puts at least 30' of distance between him and the trapdoor.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
"Interesting point-of-view. I have to admit that I never saw warriors training by throwing themselves on their opponents' swords, but, by all means, go ahead."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Sando: Carefully, methodically even, you test the trap. You push and you prod, you poke and you pull. Nothing happens. Gingerly, you step out onto it, a little ways. Nothing. A little farther. Nothing. All the way, nothing. You cross to the other side safely. There is a door to your right with an "A" shaped glyph on it and a door to your left with an "R" shaped glyph on it.

Douane

First Post
"Aha. Guess it makes sense to have a trap in the floor that is only triggered by larger beings, given that its creators were gnomes like you, but how are us slightly above gnomish average Hobgoblins supposed to cross this? ...

We'll probably have to jump across."

Carrach sheathes sword and dagger and looks for a good running start.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Sando: Your key, which is shaped like the gnome glyph "N," fits neither lock.

Carrach, Vorik, Tekk: You look around for appropriate places to start your running jump from. About 20 ft. away from the location of the trap door seems to be the most appropriate spot to start.

Jump Checks, DC 10:
Carrach, roll of 20 on d20, +4 Jump, -1 armor, total of 23, success
Vorik, roll of 6 on d20, -1 Str, total of 5, failure
Tekk, roll of 20 on d20, +2 Str, -6 armor, total of 16, success

Carrach, Tekk: You both land nimbly on your feet. Vorik, however, is not so fortunate, you hear the trap doors open and see the mage hanging onto the edge of the wall, half in the pit, half out [Vorik: Reflex save against DC 15, roll of 14 on d20, +1 Ref, total 15, success].

Tekk moves over to the edge of the pit, grabs Vorik by the shoulders, and pulls him out. "W-w-well, that could have been d-d-deadly, eh? Very, very lucky, Vor-vorik." The dwarf smiles.

OOC: I'm pushing this along. If everyone could check in over in the OOC thread, we can see where we're at right now. I haven't posted moves for Cassandra or Rothgar because I think they're both somewhere around here (although Thels's signature says he'll be here intermittently). If y'all could respond within about 24-36 hours, that'd be sweet; if not I'll have y'all make the jump. Again, please check in over in the OOC thread—I'd like to do a quick head count.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Well, if they can make it, so can I! Cassandra waits for Tekk to pull Vorik out, takes a short distance and jumps across.

OOC: +6 total modifier (armor included), taking 10 if possible, manifesting catfall if it's not possible just in case.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads