• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Crawl Classics Adventure Campaign (OOC)

Hello All!

I'm interested in DMing a series of adventures based on the Dungeon Crawl Classics modules published by Goodman Games. I'd like to start out with one of the 1st level modules (probably The Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho), and if it's a success, proceed through higher-level modules to create a sort of pseudo-'Adventure Path.' I draw my inspiration from a thread that was posted here on ENWorld a while back which explored this very topic.

If you're really into character development (as opposed to character sheet developement ;) ) this game is probably not going to be your cup of tea. To wit, here's the description for the series taken directly from the Goodman Games website.

"Remember the golden days of role playing, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Well, those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics feature bloody combat, intriguing dungeons, and no NPCs who aren't meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you fear, and the secret doors you know must be there somewhere."

So, as you can see, this would be a campaign that's not for everyone. While some role-playing and plot development will be involved, the major focus on the adventures is slogging through the dungeon, surviving the perils, and claiming the rewards therein. It sounds like it would be fun to me. If it sounds like it would be fun to you as a player, drop a line here. If I can get a balanced party of five PCs, we'll give it a go.

Give a shout if you're interested or if you've got any questions. Don't worry about character creation rules just yet, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks for reading!

-Krago

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Krago,

I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to try and talk you out of running this game. PbP is a very slow game, with a single round of combat taking usually a day and sometimes up to a week to get through. I really don't see a combat only game making it in the long run... :(

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you can find some PbP players who want combat instead of the usually high roleplaying action they usually get. I really do think you should be looking at running this a chat based game.

Krug

Newshound
Maybe go for 3 rounds at a time?

And Bro Shatterstone, though should not impede a running of a PBP. At least let him try... and fail if need be!

And he's a great DM!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Krug said:
And Bro Shatterstone, though should not impede a running of a PBP. At least let him try... and fail if need be!
Krug, at not point in time did I say he couldn’t try so please do not put words in my mouth. I only offered a realistic suggestion, no try it at the tabletop as like a lot of us he might lack one, based upon my own extensive experience... (consider it me looking out for others.)

Lefferts

First Post
I'm interested. I could go for a "kill them and take their loot" game.

I think a game like this could work as long as the DM is willing to push the game along rather than wait for players who take too long to post their actions. Otherwise, the game may stall for periods of time and people will lose interest.

Krug

Newshound
I think it could work for a one post a day game. Koboldquest had a lot of combat, and moved along pretty well before it stalled cause of my work commitments. :p

Lefferts

First Post
Krug said:
I think it could work for a one post a day game. Koboldquest had a lot of combat, and moved along pretty well before it stalled cause of my work commitments. :p
Yeah, and Koboldquest was one of my favorites. We had a good group for it, too.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
I'm interested in playing a greedy Dwarven Rogue by the name of Delghar Fellhammer.

Let me know what your character creation rules are, and I'll finalise my character sheet.

Ferrix

Explorer
I could really dig a dungeon crawl classic, I had even drawn up plans for one myself, but I can only DM so many games at once.

:)

Depending on what other folks want to play and what comes up, but I could go for either A) stereotypical dwarven or human fighter, or B) a human cleric.

Remove ads