D&D 5E Dungeon Denizens by Goodman Games

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Had to back it for DCC. Because of course. And I got the Sanjulian and Erol Otus slip covers. If they fold out to purely virgin art (as the Kickstarter suggests), I’m toing to put them both in frames and hang them on my wall.
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think virgin book covers may be on my "every major project needs to do this" list, along with sewn-in ribbon bookmarks.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think virgin book covers may be on my "every major project needs to do this" list, along with sewn-in ribbon bookmarks.
Yeah. There’s a lot of things OSR publishers do that I hope become standard. Sewn-in ribbon bookmarks, printed endpapers, two-page spread design, mini location maps, bullet points and bolding instead of walls of text, on and on.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yeah. There’s a lot of things OSR publishers do that I hope become standard. Sewn-in ribbon bookmarks, printed endpapers, two-page spread design, mini location maps, bullet points and bolding instead of walls of text, on and on.
Every time I pick up an OSR book with maps or tables or other useful stuff -- even just two-page art spreads -- in the end pages, I want to call up every other publisher and ask them some pointed questions. Unless it's shockingly expensive, why wouldn't you do it?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Today Goodman Games announced they'd treat all stretch goals up to $450,000 as unlocked and would treat all remaining stretch goals unlocked if they hit $451,000.
I always wonder about that. So often, the bigger publishers especially seem to have the stretch goals either completely or largely done before the campaign begins, yet there are some who clearly don't want to give people the idea that they shouldn't pledge to get the stretch goals.

In any case, this looks like a massively good deal for those who are backing it. Looking forward to hearing what you all think of it once it arrives with a thump on your doorsteps.

Remove ads