• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Masters' Foundation's Campaign

Dyne

First Post
ChaosEvoker's comment on the Blues' AC reminded me of something. The first thing my Players would have probably done in that circumstance was quickly write down the AC, since they like to keep track of the stats of their enemies. They get caught up in the numbers too much sometimes, counting hit points and such. If I ever run a game with them again (I say "if" because it's been difficult getting a game together again :( ), I'm tempted to not even tell them their own characters' stats and make them focus on my descriptions of everything. Might get them to do something more interesting than just run up and swing at the monster with their weapon.

Nightcloak

First Post
Dyne said:
ChaosEvoker's comment on the Blues' AC reminded me of something. The first thing my Players would have probably done in that circumstance was quickly write down the AC, since they like to keep track of the stats of their enemies. They get caught up in the numbers too much sometimes, counting hit points and such. If I ever run a game with them again (I say "if" because it's been difficult getting a game together again :( ), I'm tempted to not even tell them their own characters' stats and make them focus on my descriptions of everything. Might get them to do something more interesting than just run up and swing at the monster with their weapon.

Seems like everyone is having issues with their players lately. Time for us DM's to get together and power game sometime and just eliminate the need for those pesky players :D

As a side note, I had a DM once keep your hit points/damage level a secret and only describe how the blows affected you and how your character felt. It was interesting, and a little scarry (probably like combat should feel!). He dropped it after we started gaining levels and tracking everyones hit points became quite time consuming when combined with tracking higher level monsters in combat.

Dyne

First Post
I would never tell them either. But, I haven't gamed with them for quite a while. Been trying to get another game set up all year. :\

ChaosEvoker

First Post
I normally don't eitehr, but its a PbP I can see all teh rolls and its too hard to constantly remind people to edit their post when I say its a hit.

As for my delay:
I jsut found out my grandpa has colon cancer. If your a religious sort pray for him, I'd aprpeciate it. I got some at aorund 10:00 and just posted my heart out so I'll be back sometiem tomorrow to check up on things. Thanks!

CHAOS EVOKER

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Thanks. As I post this his surgery is in an hour and fifteen minutes.I pray that God be with him and everyone else who is involved. I'll be callign my mom at noon to find out about how things are going so I hope its good news. Anyway, just htough you all deserved to know why my posts will be erratic. Thanks

derbacher

Explorer
Hey, have we clarified who goes next? LMK's initiative modifier should give her the next trun, even though I went next last round. Let me know who's up!

@CE: Hope you had good news on your grandfather. Our best wishes for his recovery are with you.

LilMissKittyn

First Post
This is my official disclaimer: I'm sorry for being so late, you guys, things have been crazy and it's...just been an emotional rollercoaster here that's been going downhill in the past week. I'll post when I can but my messages might be scattered for a while. I hope you understand.
But right now I've posted a roll. Let the game continue!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads