• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
"The opal cannot move, but we can. Best if we get it, eh?"

'Indeed, monk - but first we should tend to our foe's corpse. 'twould be unwise to leave a being of such evil in the open - it may, as Ivellios suggests, simply attract carrion, but there's the possibilty of creatures of a more sinister nature being drawn to it.

I suggest we burn the corpse here and now, before departing towards the ruins.'

And with that, Jalon begins gathering nearby twigs and branches to hastily construct a crude pyre. All the while the priest chants a hymn to Tyr - not as last rites, but rather to lift the spirits of his comrades, and to help ward against any further evil.

'Perhaps you should throw the witches tainted possessions onto the pyre aswell, Taz?' Jalon adds emphatically

Doppleganger

First Post
Ivellios draws his longsword and bows down on one knee.

"From this day forth I shall fight in the name of Corellion Larethion."

"I shall continue the battle against all followers of my Lord's nemesis Gruumsh and use my sword and skill to conduct warfare upon the enemies of all Elvenkind."

Perhaps it is a trick of eerie shadows and hazy lighting in this desolate field of crumbling ruins, but the elf's token wooden necklace seems to shimmer and glow slightly as Ivellios rises and re-sheathes his sword.

Clapping the dust off his hands, the elf pats his stomach and sighs, "OK I'm hungry, anybody thought about plans for lunch?"

HeavyG

First Post
(Assuming Taz does look in the book)

The book is half spellbook (which Taz wouldn't have much use for) and half personal journal. The journal half looks like it's written both in Draconic and in Infernal.

Taz recognizes some of the draconic pictograms, meaning 'dragon', 'red dragon', 'law' and 'worship'. There are also pretty accurate drawings of dragons, including the one you killed, and others that look like wall carvings, including some scenes you have seen in the dungeon, like the pratice room frescoe.

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Jalon Odessa said:
'Perhaps you should throw the witches tainted possessions onto the pyre aswell, Taz?' Jalon adds emphatically

"Wizards will be wizards. Let the small one keep the things; I'm sure she has arcane designs for them."

Taz

First Post
Yes, Taz does indeed look into the book.

“Looks like I was right, she has written some notes in here!”

Since Taz wants to learn Draconic with her newly gained skill points, she will try to decipher the writings slowly, trying to remember more about the teachings of her father. Meanwhile she stashes the wand and the cloak into a sack and then into her backpack, no reason to burn an item empowered with magic, before we know more about it. I guess she could not observe how the witch activated the wand?

"Is there anything left in the ruins where we came from? But anyhow lets just get on going back first."

(Still deciding what I want to gain a level in)

Murhid

First Post
"Ah of course, please excuse me Jalon, I'm not very use to this evil, devil's, and burning, going on's."

Murhid nods and helps Jalon gather fire wood.

Last edited:

Murhid

First Post
Murhid glances up for a quick second to think, then turns his attention towards Jalon.

"Perhaps we ought to dispose of the imp as well ?"

Last edited:

HeavyG

First Post
Taz said:
Since Taz wants to learn Draconic with her newly gained skill points, she will try to decipher the writings slowly, trying to remember more about the teachings of her father.

Ok, but it'll take time. Possibly a couple of hours.

Taz

First Post
“I'll try to find out some more about the witches doings with her journal. It's a little hard to read, but I make progress. If you want to go on, just tell me, I can continue to decipher it in the evening!”

Taz will sit down near the ruins and read on, telling Sheela to keep an eye on the surroundings. If the party wants to continue, she will interrupt her reading to continue it in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads