• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppleganger

First Post
The elf chuckles from atop the nearby wall, "The bird and I both possess senses far more refined than yours, young lady. You are welcome to join my watch as long as you're not giving up your own shift later on." He lowers his bow and continues to scan the horizon.

HeavyG

First Post
Times passes.

The witch burns and Taz reads.

The book is half spellbook, half journal. Taz can't read all of it, because some part, mostly at the start, is written in Infernal runes.

Taz gets the impression that the witch wasn't from this world, and that she began writing in Draconic runes after having come to Faerun and met a group of people. She then became part of this 'organization' (which is not named in the journal, but is sometimes referred to as 'The Cult'.).

The journal then chronicles things she did for them, especially for someone name 'Whisper'. All of it took place on the Dragon Coast. It was mostly errand work and such, and you get the impression she wasn't very highly placed in that organization.

At the end, she describes receiving a 'holy mission' from someone referred to as 'Brimstone'. She was to go to the ruins of the Monastery of the Opal Fist and find a red dragon wyrmling there. She was also to recruit it for the organization and was assisted in this by 2 imps that where provided to her by Whisper. She later discovered that the dragon in question was in fact an Abyssal dragon and that she and the imp couldn't get anywhere with it, due to its 'chaotic' and 'destructive' nature, as she puts it.

This was when they found and hired a pair of lizardfolk trainers, named Vaasta and Shengam, to approach the beast and tame it a bit. They had more success. They were progressing nicely when a group of meddling adventurers happened upon their setup, drove off the lizardfolk and killed the dragons and one imp.

The witch vows vengeance on you as the final line of her journal.

Oh, and her name was Skazzyg.

It's hard to get more precise details, however, as the witch was prone to change language frequently, even sometimes in mid-phrase.

If you have any precise questions, ask away...

HeavyG

First Post
Oh, and the witches body burns very slowly. At this rate, it'll take days to completely burn her body up.

Taz

First Post
“Aha, hmmm, ok, now this all makes some more sense...”

Taz browses on for a while, then closes the book and looks up.

“I've got some news. I couldn't decipher all of it, but there is a picture forming nonetheless. That witch was part of a cult and came here to get ahold of that dragon we encountered yesterday. The lizardfolk were hired as trainers to bend the dragon to her will, since she was unable to do this herself as it seems. Those two annoying imps have been provided to her by someone named 'Whisper' and another one, called 'Brimstone', gave her the orders to fetch the red dragon hatchling. Looks like we got the whole gang, except for the lizardfolk, but they just seem to be mercenary beastmasters. We actually interrupted their work and she vowed vengeance on us... guess this didn't work out as she had planned.”

Taz looks around.

“We should go and find that stone now, right?”

Doppleganger

First Post
The elf calls down from the top of the wall, "Witches, cults, brimstone, whisperers, <sigh> I have no idea what you're trying to explain, except.... I agree we must go and find that stone now."

He frowns and adds, "So there was no mention of foul orcs in her tome?"

Sollir wakes up slowly, "Well I'm ready to go when you guys are."

(I think i'll take another level in fighter...or cleric..bah, I'll decide tonight :))

reapersaurus

Explorer
Doppleganger said:
The elf calls down from the top of the wall, "Witches, cults, brimstone, whisperers, <sigh> I have no idea what you're trying to explain, except.... I agree we must go and find that stone now."

He frowns and adds, "So there was no mention of foul orcs in her tome?"
"No, Ivellios, there's no boogy-orcs in the Dungeon. :rolleyes:

Let Ubaar 'splain something to you:
orcs aren't lurking 'round every corner.

Some may have done you wrong before, but that don;t mean that ALL are bad.

Lemme see.
That witch did me wrong... does Ubaar hate all women because of her?
No!
Ubaar LOOOVE women! *cheesy grin and look over at Kytess*

You attacked me with no reason other than my looks - do I hate you?
No.

Those imps attacked all of us, and caused lots of pain.
does Ubaar hate them?

Well.. yeah. :)
But that's cause they're EVIL!
they LIVE for doing bad things.

You gotta see, Ivellios, that unless you're spawned from hell or something, no people are ALL bad the way you think orcs are.

Ubaar never heard any priest of Corellon Loriathan preaching such hatred of orcs - where you get that from?
Your tribe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads